Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchronizer

synchronizer

What do you guys think is causing the Playstation 3 version's button input lag?

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    That is troublesome. I don't like the trend SEGA has of producing less than optimum Playstation ports, especially since I'm considering getting that system over a 360. They've been doing that since the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes, where sound effects were actually missing.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The song isn't called Follow Me. It's called Escape From the City. The hell is that German dude's problem? :argh:
    </kidding>

The Classic remix for Escape From the City is good on it's own...but it sounds so out of place in game. Should've replaced Tommy's voice with an instrument for it, I think.

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Was THAT the GameSpot "It only makes sense that a GUN in sonic would be a giant truck" guy at around 3:50?

5. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I think a Genesis sounding instrument replacing the vocals would sound pretty cool. That said, I still enjoy the remix.

Dat Endless Mine.

6. It's SEGA's revenge. :p

7. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    In the game, the one at Macy's ThanksGiving Parade, or that hot air balloon that we saw in Sonic Jam Museum?

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Woops, not in the game. I meant that there stood a giant inflatable Sonic in Sega's booth.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

SEGA's booth:
    [​IMG]

10. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I still find it pathetic that they have to note pitfalls in a PLATFORMER. That and how everyone who records these demo videos always sucks.

11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Slightly offtopic, but I wonder how they are going to handle levels that had more than one main musical theme. Speed Highway had 3 different sections to it, Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace had 2 distinct tracks (Though I'd prefer if Seaside Hill was for Classic, and Ocean Palace was for Modern). Crysis City had that tornado section, dispite not being that different. Rooftop Run/Spagonia had its night music (But that's easily dismissable), and Planet Wisp had its 3 tracks.

Then again, Sega is usually good with their music, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

12. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    The latest city escape footage is VERY encouraging. No matter how many times I see Sonic get a scateboard monitor and start skating down the street, I still get a massive grin on my face. This game is a fucking love letter to us from SEGA.

As far as the 3ds version goes, I'm glad that Dimps is studying the old level layouts enough to reproduce them. It's just too bad they are ignoring the physics. The Mushroom Hill footage I saw was a visual essay on what's wrong with the Rush engine.

13. serpx

serpx

Nah, thank god for those signs. Pitfalls have ruined my experience with these 3D Sonic games for years. Especially with the boostfest of Unleashed where you went so fast, sometimes the pitfall would just appear in your face before you had time to realize it was there. Not fun, at all. They're very much appropriate and needed.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They put 'Endless Mine' in Classic City Escape and "It Doesn't Matter" in the Modern version. I guess they'd mix up thing like Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. What they've done for Stardust Speedway however should be interesting.

15. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Actually, in that German Gamescom playthrough, I distinctly noticed the change of music tracks in Modern's City Escape playthrough when the truck exploded onto the scene. Just like in SA2.

Which is great, because I fucking love that track, and the oversized GUN truck chasing your spiny blue ass wouldn't be complete without dat muzack.

16. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Amazon says it's 50, for the 360 and PS3 versions.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I don't find it pathetic. There are parts where falling brings you to an alternate path, so having those signs really helps.
    And the kid playing in front of my while I was waiting played the game a lot worse than I've ever seen in a Sonic gameplay videos, who didn't notice he had to hold the jump button to jump higher. This caused him to get stuck at a platform he kept trying to jump on by spamming the jump button.

18. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Anyway, why the hell can't SEGA get their act together with PS3 ports? I don't really want to play this on the 360, because the 360 d-pad is utter garbage. D-pad just feels way better for Classic Sonic.

19. I can't wait to hear After Dawn in this game. I really hope it's in there. I wanna hear the classic version of it mashed up with a sprinkle of Chrome Gadget or something.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    If it's anything like Colors, there should be a toggable option that turns off help signs.

Although I'm with Timmit on this one. In a game where there are multiple paths, a marker of some sort is very much appreciated. Shantae marked all of its bottom less platforms with little puffs of skull shaped smoke. Made exploration a hell of a lot easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.