don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Erm, what about Mario 3DS?

Also, my hopes kind of went down for the 3DS version a lot. Not only will there be two less stages than the console versions, but according to the gameplay we've been shown they're all going to be mediocre. Plus, I wouldn't be suprised if Classic Sonic got copypastes of Sonic Advanced levels.

2. RhikoruNa

RhikoruNa

Your next line is, "Hey, I recognize that Joestar Member

WOAH.

So maybe we get to have a Flying Battery/Wing Fortress sequence after all, I would've never imagined using the TOWER ITSELF to get on the airship...(That is if I'm reading that right, it sounds like either the clock face spins around and slaps the airship, or the clock face flys off and knocks the airship out of the sky.) Either way...that's awesome!

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I'm getting that anyway.

What, really? That seems a little weird, but awesome at the same time.
    Well, it's not to weird if it's the only way to progress, just if it's an extra thing.

4. glem3

glem3

I don't understand how having the original level layouts is a fault other than the fact that the console version has new layouts. I saw nothing in the new videos to indicate that the game was bad, aside from that glitch near the special stage area. From the new footage, the physics look fine, the stages look nice (not great, but it still looks nice), and it looks like it will be okay. I'm not "lying" to myself just because the new footage looks better than the old footage of green hill.

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Well, at least the classic level design won't be bad... :v:

6. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I hate having to read all this awesome news and realize I'm going to miss out on this game for a year or two at least. Unless the PC version is actually happening, but it doesn't look like it so far.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    While I'm not impressed with the laziness on Dimps' part, copying level design outright, I do think that this is what they need to do. Thank goodness they're learning! Generations 3DS may be lackluster, but I don't think that it would be too inconceivable that they take the lessons and physics from what they're doing here and incorporate it in S4E2. At this point, I'm more anticipatory of what's going to happen with that than with the 3DS Generations. It's a necessary step for Dimps that, even though it makes for a lackluster attempt in this game, I think we will all appreciate it and the changes it causes for the future.

I still think the 3DS version's going to be "eh" but what Dimps is doing for it, I get the feeling, will be a very important step in hindsight. I'd love to see a bit of a paradigm shift; I'd like to believe they're regaining some of that Pocket Adventure/ Advanced school of thought.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The Genesis games are only half the game. Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure and Colours DS won't have re-used level layouts for classic Sonic.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's what you think sir (Watch them reskin other classic levels using level environments based off newer games DX )

10. Because Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure, and Colors DS will have their modern levels ripped straight from those games.

IRL Compilation Cart.

11. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Sure hope you guys will like Classic Tails' voice when we hear it.
    Here's the important part of the article that I'm talking about:
    I ain't even mad. In fact, I'm curious to know if Kate Higgins will voice him for the classic counterpart too, and if so, if she'll have her voice pitch altered, or just do a naturally higher pitched voice.

12. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Huh. I wonder if Kate Higgins will voice him as well, or if they'll just get somebody else? Maybe his 4Kids voice actor to show that he's younger? Actually, I hope not. Gog forbid that happen.

I suppose it'll probably be Kate Higgins then.

13. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    So yet again Tails acts like a translator. Just in his younger years this time.

Speaking of translators, I wonder if Modern Tails will make use of it in Planet Wisp? In any case, that's an interesting little take on the aspect of having the sonics communicate on the story writers' part.

14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I can live with that; Classic Sonic being a mute, and others such as Tails, Robotnik, etc talking.

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Classic Werehog will feel even more like Ristar gameplay I'm betting.

Does this also mean Chip, Mr. Pickles, and Dark Gaia will get small mentions/cameos?

16. If he's voiced by his AoStH va, I'd be happy. Probably won't happen, but yeah. I'm more curious as to why Classic Sonic can't speak, but Classic Tails can.

17. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Hm, interesting. Although I would have preferred him to remain silent, I really don't mind that Classic Tails has a voice, especially now he has such a brilliant voice actress who I think could do an awesome Classic Tails voice. However:

See, that doesn't make much sense to me. Speak on his behalf? How? Why? He's not Yacker but that's what this reminds me of, as if Tails is Sonic's translator or something. I'm really interested to see how this will actually work. I wonder if any of the other classic characters will speak? Might be a bit odd if Sonic's the only one who doesn't.

18. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    If classic Sonic has a sword in a level I'll burn the game doing weird paean dancing chopping heads off of multiple Sonic cardboard cutouts.

Anyway, I'm OK with tails having a voice.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm alright with Classic Tails having a voice at well. As long as its one of those things where they actually acknowledge that he doesn't talk instead of just taking it as a given. These are one of those times where self-awareness within the game would work awesomely.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That's pretty funny, I hope they chose a nice VA for Classic Tails then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.