don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanks

Tanks

Posting with the understanding that this game has a ways to go development-wise.

The physics are backwards to me. I can run through a loop from the base, but I can't , say, run->roll from the top of a hill and make it through? Has this Sonic 4 mentality really been engrained in their minds so much that it's impossible to look beyond it? At the very least I can say it's not "Sonic 4 bad," but still... Maybe it's the way they plan to design the levels? Maybe they just can't make the proper physics work with that? I dunno'.

Maybe it was the fact they spent a fair amount of time blowing me away with the music and visuals? If there's one thing SEGA consistently does right, it's those two things. Overall, I'd say this game has plenty of potential. We weren't able to shoot it down in 5 seconds like Sonic 4 so that's a plus I guess.

Anyway, now that I've complained I expect a full on "Shark Week" to weed out the bad blood.

2. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    Ultimately I didn't expect much from Green Hill out of all things, but that's speaking with the assumption that we'll be getting more than just one act per Sonic in a world.

If the latter doesn't hold true, consider me sorely disappointed.

On another note, chaining enemy hits in this game is... Eurgh. It's like Sonic is locked not only on vertical bounce but horizontal traveling.

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Guys, prepared to be mindfucked. People looking through the Demo assets have confirmed that the Modern Sonic stage is in the demo, just locked off. And that's not all. ALL of the City Escape assets, yes even the whole stages, are in the demo, just not accessible.

Also, some spoilers coming. Highlight after this to read.

+ - It looks like Knuckles is for some reason in the directory, which suggests he might be playable but that is not confirmed. Also found as well are models for Modern and Classic Super Sonic.  

4. Oh...GOD! Someone attempt to unlock this! NOW!

MY BODY IS READY!

Wait a sec...COULDN'T YOU GET A HOLD OF THE MUSIC THIS MANNER TOO?!

5. Tanks

Tanks

Nice. I really love it when we don't share PKG files. (Even when they're open to the intertubes.)

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

City Escape music? This day cannot get any better.

Fuuu-- oh yes it can.

7. ancara

ancara

Oh joy, possibility to demo Modern Sonic in City Escape? Now I know that this is gonna get good.

Also, the + - Knuckles   thing that was found.....oh the speculation that shall be about from this.

Just to ask: Any boss-related stuff inside the demo's files or whatever? If not, then hey, at least we checked. :v:

8. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Basically what I expected to happen, but least now we know.

Yes, I really was patient enough to sit around for 100 minutes to see what happened.

9. Spazzo

Spazzo

Ontario, Canada
    http://spaddlewit.com
    I don't know about you guys, but I still don't see the demo up on PSN for Canada. Is there some way to force refresh/update the contents of the PS Store or something that I'm not aware of? I tried heeding the advice of a post a few pages back and creating a Hong Kong account, but the site's down for maintenance (I'll restrain from making the easy joke), so that didn't work out. :\

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Re: the demo time limit + all the other stages actually being included. Perhaps they'll close off classic GHZ and open Modern GHZ at some point for another twenty-day demo, then do the same with the City Escape acts?

11. gold lightning

gold lightning

Lame. At least it isn't exploitable for getting 0:00 on the online leader boards. :rolleyes:

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Wait what? So, would this work on PSN?

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    >Hacking reveals demo assets

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY-HEREEEEWEGO!!

Anybody got a link to the demo I can download to my PC for achival purposes? doesn't matter which console version. Feel free to PM if its against distribution rules.

14. Skaarg

Skaarg

I just played the demo, and must say it really was quite fun! Definitely felt more like a classic Sonic game than Sonic 4 Eps. 1 did. (and I enjoyed Sonic 4 a lot) Hope something comes of those assets found in the demo.

15. Well I've found a new way to use the Spindash like Sonic adventure. All you have to do is after you blast off with the spindash, just press back then hold X again and you can boost again, simple as that. Now with that said, Im about to rape Chimpo's record =D

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Awesome, maybe we can access the other stages by messing around with the console date.

17. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

These images are from the Sonic Freerunners team. Include spoilers, so be careful as I know the links won't be hidden by the spoiler tags don't read them if not interested.

+ - The Modern Knuckles Generation Model (I am guessing Modern Knuckles as opposed to Classic Knuckles): The Classic super Sonic (mouth in pic is hilarious):  

I will say it is all very interesting. As well, I am having fun messing around in the demo.

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    For all we know it could be just leftover from Sega peoples rehashing their E3 demos to be a little silly trial, and nothing more. Nevertheless it's good stuff to have, you know.

As for us Americans, when is this game getting on PSN already?! I've been waiting since about 5:00 this morning to no avail.

EDIT: Ohaaaayy, yeah we did that. Specifically one of our members. :v:

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I was not impressed by this demo at all. Sonic felt way too heavy and the spindash was greatly overpowered, played through it once and tried out all of the tricks you could pull off in the old games; hardly any of them worked. Rolling down hills doesn't function right either, I tried jumping from a small incline and holding down hoping Sonic would roll into a ball and gain momentum from it, nothing happened, even when I was pressing down. Platforming feels clunkier than Colors, especially chaining jumps off of enemies.

I didn't like it at all, I am not paying 60 bucks if the final version plays anything like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.