don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The only level choices that I can applaud them on are Sky Sanctuary and Planet Wisp. Those are going to look so freakin' beautiful in HD.

5 Acts? I'm fine with a little filler, I guess. So long as in-between Chao hunting they'll have maybe some "plot-based" stuff, like racing Metal Sonic in a stage, trying to outsmart Knuckles, etc.

Makes me wish I had LIVE :(

2. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    I did the demo.

It was good. They just really need to let me stay in ball mode when I want to. But other than that:

• PHYSICS OMG
    • BRANCHING PATHS WHAT
    • SPINDASHBUTTON
    • PRETTY LEVEL
    • SPEED SHOES SPEED UP MUSIC

Moar plz.

3. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I quite like that list, only a shame no icecap though D:

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Now we need done what is done whenever new Sonic content is released, rip that game apart. Music, models, whatever you can.

A work around for the locked levels...

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Well, we're getting CNZ dlc, so there's still hope :)

6. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    No Collision Chaos OR Lava Reef? That's a shame :( Still I hold on to hope for the possibility of extra DLC zones.

7. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    As long as Sega delivers on Classic dlc, I don't have anything to complain about. They can milk this game for all it's worth...

Just as long as they create a new game with Claasic Sonic...please?

8. Holy fuck, just played it and its damn good. And this was not sonic 4 a year ago why....

9. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    The demo was compiled around mid May this year. Also Super Sonic for both Classic and Modern Sonic confirmed by looking at the music files.

I'll send out the raw data for the music from this demo soon.

10. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Lol can we get over 500 users :P? 489 atm xD.
    Ah yes DLC. This topic got SO interesting atm, I think I gonna break my F5 by hitting it so many times.

11. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Level list is a little bit disappointing.

I suspect Sonic CD will be "represented" in the form of Stardust Speedway via the boss fight, but I'd still like to see a proper CD level eventually.

Unlockable Super Sonic is fantastic news, though.

Are all the monitor textures on the disc?

Regardless, even with the lackluster level list this looks worth purchasing; will probably pick up the PS3 version, torrent the PC version when and if that materializes.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone forces the demo to load one of the other three stages...

12. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

So the list leaked by the Archie guy was true. Fuck them for leaking and fuck Sega for doing this list with no variety whatsoever.

From the new levels, I'm interested in Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary for the high definition curiosity. If Chemical Plant doubles as a water level and Crisis City as a fire level, it will be perfect imo. I don't care for Seaside Hill and Speed Highway, for obvious variety reasons, plus Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp, which already exist in HD.

Meh. But still better than Seaside Hill.

I like that Shadow is on the enemy list again, considering this game and Free Riders. He belongs there, not in the friends 4ever list.

That's okay.

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    If we're lucky, the Metal Sonic boss will be a recreation of Stardust Speedway!

Oh, who am I kidding, he's the Sky Sanctuary boss.

14. Tanks

Tanks

Sonic Generations Streams. They're AIX. Which means you need VGMStream. I'm hungry. Imma get lunch. And then imma mp3 those up for you guys (unless someone else can get that...)

15. Spazzo

Spazzo

Ontario, Canada
    http://spaddlewit.com
    Posting in an epic overpopulated thread.

Moving on, I actually don't have that many quarrels with the level list. A few disappointing exclusions, sure -- what I would give to hear SEGA remix Flying Battery Zone -- but I wasn't going in to this expecting anything more than mediocrity (at best!) in the first place, so colour me neutral.

Here's hoping the Shadow boss fight is the one from Final Chase/Rush. I always loved the music during that level...

EDIT: Did anyone actually CONFIRM that we can unlock Super Sonic during regular play, or did they just stumble upon the 3D models in the assets? For all we know, they could be used exclusively to fight Perfect Chaos/"Time Eater" or whatever.

16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    If Sega is smart, Seaside Hill will in fact more closely resemble Ocean Palace. It might even serve as a water level, being later on...

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Aw, there aren't levels from Sonic Edusoft nor from Sonic Crackers on that list.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Been at work, goddamnit- this is what I miss. :colbert:

19. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Does anyone else see something wrong with 9 zones and 7 bosses? Though I am loving that boss list, I also wonder if it alternates who fights them or if you can choose...and wondering how they will play, cause they can't be the same for obvious reason...Modern's gameplay style has changed. Would be interesting to see the Shadow fight.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Did they decide to use only two tropes so they can recycle content or some shit?

That list has no variety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.