don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I like Shadow is sticking out like a sore thumb in the couch amongst all the Sonics.

Sega needs to make more of this.

2. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    For a day.

Then the fanbase starts demanding more and more characters from SoJ, and that SoA starts having Robotnik and includes SatAM characters and the SatAM Robotnik design.

And then the shitstorming would be even huger.

D:

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Why would anyone even want this? I'd take more US characters 5000 times over new ones from SoJ unless they start with Metal and and with Knuckles

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I like Blaze :(.

First female to break those "only males can go super" boundarys deserves some exception.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Well, the current ones are fine, but no new ones until they bring back the pre adventure characters like Mighty, Fang, etc :colbert:

6. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Honestly, bringing Fang back might be troublesome, considering he uses an actual firearm. I know Shadow did it, but that was a Teen Rated game. It would seem rather silly to go back to the ol' pop gun of his in this day and time, and changing it to a laser would be rather lame...

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Could be a gun that fires red bullets. that solved SHTHs problem! :specialed:

8. Jay T.

Jay T.

A gun's a gun...sort of.
    Since Fang uses a REAL gun, the Sonic games featuring him would probably jump to the E-10 Rating, which isn't too bad, but then you'll probably have parents bitching at SEGA/Sonic Team for letting a kid's character use a real firearm (or people will complain that Sonic is not Rated E for Everyone). Oh, and I checked and Shadow the Hedgehog had a E-10 rating. I forgot it was originally Teen, but they changed it if I'm right.

9. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Ugh. It's hypothetical scenarios like this that really make me regret being a fan. Unpleasable indeed.

Not that I'm calling any of you guys unpleasable, but sometimes I wonder about myself.

10. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Uh, guys? Am I missing something here? Last I checked, SoA barely even qualifies as a game development studio these days. Also, passion and actual technical skill are not at all related, and you won't find much of the latter at SoA right now. You know, because they don't really make games anymore.

The Japs pulled most of the weight with S2, and Roger Hector was pretty much the only American on the S3K team. He didn't do anything important!

A real popgun. Hey, nobody raised a brow over Amy's toy hammer, I really don't think giant cork projectiles are going to put anyone off! He didn't even use any guns in the only game he was in that matters, so I really don't see what the problem is here.

EDIT: By the way!

[​IMG]
    CERO: All Ages.

11. Jay T.

Jay T.

I mean the gun he uses in the comics. As I said, using a cork gun now with these type of Sonic games would be rather silly, if you ask me. Heck, how does a cork gun defeat robots anyway? I mean, it probably could, but still, looks kind of silly, while you have Shadow using actual swords and guns. I don't really read the comics, but didn't he actually almost murder someone?

Well, back to Sonic Colors here, but about the X-Play review, not too surprised with the rating, but still not surprised that many people are seeing it as a bad rating. That's the problem I kind of have with X-Play's ratings sometimes. Just one score higher than Sonic Unleashed. Hmm...oh well. I don't really care about X-Play that much anyway after changing numerous times. Bring back Reviews on the Run/Judgement Day! DX

EDIT - Well, maybe using a Popgun isn't too silly, but I guess it depends on the game and such. Since the future Sonic games are going for the "Colorful, yet a bit serious" approach, maybe a popgun wouldn't be a bad idea.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The last thing the franchise needs is yet MORE fucking characters, Western or otherwise. Also, what's already been said about SoA not having a serious development team any more - the only way it would work was if some of the Japan team came over, and we all remember how that ended last time (albiet with a couple of nice results before it all exploded).

Wouldn't be the first time. =P (Look above the Sonic Team logo)

13. Hehe, Sonix. I have the North American Player's Choice version, which seems to have typo-free boxart (which is quite different from the EU version).

That site doesn't work anymore, and neither does sonic-dx.com (both with and without the www. in front. One variation gave me a guru meditation). Also, holy shit they actually used Robotnik instead of Eggman. I wasn't expecting that.

That little Sonic the Hedgehog title screen in the bottom left corner of the box kinda looks more like the SegaSonic the Hedgehog title screen than the Sonic 1 title screen.

[​IMG]

Now, back to Colours...

I want a sequel to this game.

14. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    SoA deserves so much respect for this right now.

15. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Preform, amirite?

16. Yes you are.

My post was edited for hotlinking cult (why?), so the new image doesn't really illustrate my point quite as well.

There are also some errors in the manual. There's one thing I have a question about though... In the manual it says Cubot is lazy but likes Eggman, and Orbot doesn't like Eggman but obeys him anyway. It seems like it's the other way around to me, since Cubot is always the one doing all the work and Orbot seems to avoid it whenever possible (the first cutscene with the wisps and the net, and the one right after the Tropical Resort boss are good examples of this).

17. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I'm very close to beating every stage in under an hour! I currently have 63:56:76 total. I would have gotten it too but I kept messing up on Asteroid Coaster Act 2 and 6. So expect some videos up tomorrow! :)

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

They redirect all hotlinks to an image of link bonking Knuckles. Your pic didn't display. Try mirroring it

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    So I picked up the Wii version last Friday. Been playing it the past few days on and off, and enjoying it for the most part.

I chuckle at the fact that the Navigator instructions simply state "Jump: Jump Button" for every control setup, rather than "Jump: A/2 Button" for specific setups. I have trouble with the Classic Controller, if only because the Jump and Boost actions are assigned to the 'a button' and 'b button' instead of vice-versa. Kinda miffed at the lack of a sound test and the Quick-Step being assigned to left/right stick movements. Makes navigating a few spots trickier than it seems they should be. Those are the only things that really stick out in my mind. Just enough to keep it from being perfect, but as a whole the game is definitely a step up.

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Got this game for my birthday 3 hours ago, and, GODDAMN is this game FUN. : D Everything's just a huuuuuge step-up from Unleashed in terms of gameplay and controls, in my eyes, the Wisps are easier to use than I initially feared, low rankings on initial tries don't bother me for once, hearing the Kamen Rider W Gaia Memory voice from my TV sounds kinda odd, and, dang, it's just so awesome.