don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    You're welcome. It's true that I don't do any hack game like others, but I'm doing a game with TGF which got some Sonic references even if Sonic is not present in it. But that's a secret. :ssh:

Also, I've done Metal Sonic and Eggrobo for trackmania if you're interested. But that's not the subject at all. :)

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Remember when Iizuka said that this game will be as good as the classic Sonic games?
    I'm beginning to get convinced that it actually will.

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_avances....;c=1&pos=0#

Another preview from a couple days ago. Another language but Shadzter from Stadium posted a good (*cough*) translation of an interesting part on story.

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Nice! Good luck with the approval process!

5. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Another Eggman quote!
    "Next stop, the Sweet Mountain. Enjoying our candy paradise is the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday. Or to avoid reaching it."

Also Dreadknux says Orbot's voice actor sounded the same to him as it did in Unleashed.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Hey, have you guys seen this one?

I seem to be one of the few who actually follows threads, and I haven't seen anyone post this yet. This game looks better every day. This person can actually drift too, which makes me feel better about it looking sluggish and cumbersome in past videos.

Also, it's nice to see Sonic underwater again. It's not incredibly imperative, but it's nice to see him not instantly die the second he touches it. After all, whether or not he can swim, he should still be able to hold his breath for a bit, right?

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I'm almost willing to bet, however, that in this shot:

[​IMG]

Water is still instant death. It looks so much different than, say, this shot:

[​IMG]

8. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Placing my bets on water-skimming as seen in Sonic Unleashed

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member

Yeah, the current probably pulls you into a bottomless lake or something. That first screen shot reminds me of something....

[​IMG]

One nostalgic gaming memory begots another, I suppose.

10. Light years? Those are a measure of distance, not time. This must mean they are traveling somewhere at high speeds. I still have no idea how an "anti-gravity toilet" would function.

Man, with every update I'm just happier I preordered this.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It obviously means you can take a shit on the ceiling.

After today's updates, Sonic Colo(u)rs = GOTY, all years.

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    DON'T FU*KING SAY THAT OUT LOUD! GEEZ!

13. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Why do all these updates happen while I'm asleep? I'm loving everything about this game, and the presence of a water zone just makes it all the better. Best Sonic game in a decade, I'm calling it now. About bloody time we get a truly great one, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from 06.

14. glem3

glem3

Well fuck me, I was completely wrong. They totally did make an underwater zone and I am shocked and amazed. GREAT work sonic team. Still, I haven't seen it in 3D, and I'm willing to bet only CERTAIN areas will let you go underwater... but for now, fucking amazing. Best 3D sonic game, definitely.

15. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    HOLY SHIT. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS WITH A FRIEND AND WE CAME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION.

16. glem3

glem3

Looks like the interceptor from unleashed is back, just with a new look:

[​IMG]

(Sorry for using pics from you, TSSZ)

17. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Each new level I see looks less technically impressive. Not like it's a big deal, but check out those rocks. Look familiar?
    [​IMG]

18. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

The Res is too small to compare to these huge-res Colors screens, having played Sonic Adventure very recently on Xbox Live I can tell you the rocks here look better than they look in Adventure.

They're not the pinnacle of the game, but they look fine. If I know anything about the Wii is that everything looks better in motion than they do in still shots. Also I have to say the art direction for this level wins me over. That and I have seen some interesting level design in some of the shots, underwater sections, returning badniks, and I am slightly biased since I love underwater sea labs and this is close to that.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    If there's only 5 zones in the game, then this is the final zone...?

Or one of the levels we already saw is.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Might actually be the same guy. Not that it matters. Anyone could to Ergo's voice, it's plain old stereotypical synthesized robot.