don't click here

3D Model ripping thread

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Ice God, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    YESYESYESYES!!

Can they be converted to common formats as .3ds?

2. Tutorial how to rip models from the ds posted.

3. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Is it possible to rip PSP models? If anyone's in position to do so and wouldn't mind, I'd love to get my hands on Snake's model from Metal Gear Acid.

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Your welcome !
    Yeah I have the same email address. drop by my MSN any time.

P.S.
    Now we need the rest of the models ripped.
    any takers? lol

5. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    Might be the wrong place to ask or might be way too late to ask.

I have been searching the internet time and time again and I was wondering if anyone has the Sonic unleashed Sonic (possibly Tails and Amy) and all of the Sonic characters from Mario & Sonic At The (Winter) Olympic Games?

If anyone has these models it would be absolute gold if they can point me in the right direction or even provide me with the actual models.

Cheers.

6. <!--quoteo(post=283287:date=11 October 2009, 08:12 AM:name=GrandMasterJimmy (aka Polygon Jim) on X-cult)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrandMasterJimmy (aka Polygon Jim) on X-cult @ 11 October 2009, 08:12 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

Download

Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics models. Took a while to rip.[/QUOTE]

Don't thank me, thank Polygon Jim.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Hey, CarrierHack, don't you have a rip of the Unleashed 360 model? I'm making my own, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how they did a few things, and I feel like the Wii model I have is leading me astray.

8. I do have a rip of the Unleashed 360 model, but I don't have permission to hand it out. I can give you a few pictures as reference, if you want, but not the model itself.

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages

Sorry to bump this, but I'm from Sonic Reikai, and I know who did rip that Fang model. I can help ypu contact him, if you're still interested in this.

10. Dolphin has been updated, and this version can load Sonic R in Sonic Gems collection. You can rip, but its flat, and only captures what the camera can see.

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

Is there any way to fix that?

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It's actually been possible to do for a very long time if you know what you're doing. You can make a standalone Sonic R for GC, I did it about a year ago I think. It's not really possible to rip anything properly though, it's the way the game engine rendered it, you can only rip what is being currently rendered.

12. Rage

Rage

Forum Deviant Oldbie
    This thread makes me want to try this. I'm fairly proficient in 3D Studio Max, and I want to try ripping some models from Nintendo 64 games. What program do I use for this? Sorry for the incredibly newbish question, but Google led me places that appeared to not be what I need.

13. Phos

Phos

I'd like to get a closer look at the side of his head right around where the two quills on the sides join his head, and a shot of the topology of his hear and the immediate area around it. I'm also trying to figure out his mouth area.

14. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Hoarding, seriously? Who can decide if you're allowed to distribute that stuff, when it was actually made by SEGA? o_O

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    When somebody makes a sprite sheet requesting for credit, and then somebody uses that sprite sheet without giving credit, everybody complains. I don't think the case is very different here... It's more of a matter of trust than anything else =/

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It's more of a not wanting people to defile them by making some stupid-ass emo recolors. If someone cares enough they can go crack the format themselves, no one is stopping them.

[​IMG]

See my point? Most people would rather that stupid shit like this is impossible for someone to do.

17. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    To be fair that looks more like some bad girl Amy than an emo Amy, especially considering how she's holding the knife o_o; (she should have it the other way to cut herself)

18. Phos

Phos

Why does this sort of thing anger people so? Yeah, it's a pointless recolor, how's that hurt you? If anything, it's preferable to people MS Painting over pictures, official or otherwise.

And cracking Unleashed model format isn't within most people's set of skills (I know is isn't within yours, tee hee), and is mostly independent from their ability to actually do anything with it. To my knowledge, the only thing to have happened with this particular rip has been a garry's mod ragdoll. The UnWiished model was released publicly and people have put it into that one B3D engine and made funny stuff like Trackmania cars.

Not to mention that having a decent reference would be more useful for people like me, for dealing with what amounts to a pair of giant tetrahedrons poking out of his head, though I have a feeling that the way I figured out is even better. The way I have my model, his ears can rotate a bit without distorting the surface of his head.

19. Rage

Rage

Forum Deviant Oldbie
    Quick question on the Sonic Winter Olympics models. Why are the bounding boxes at such bizarre angles? I've been playing with the Rouge model in 3DS Max 2010 for a few hours now, and the bounding boxes being at such weird angles makes it very hard to move vertexes, edges, etc with any kind of precision.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Try resetting the Xform on those, that might help.