don't click here

Sonic 3 is 15 years old.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    I lost Super Sonic in that cutscene before the two bosses, and I don't use Insta-Shield, or if I do, I don't know I do.

2. Dynamix

Dynamix

Ah... the Insta-Shield. When I was a little kid and first played the game, I didn't understand what it was. And those little floating badnik's with the spike balls that hover around them really pissed me off until the day that I figured this amazing skill that Sonic had to protect himself =O. But meh, at least I figured out that carnival part so many people had problems with lol.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    You know, I'm convinced this is the only reason that scene is there. Usually, if I have Super Sonic when I'm doing the ball-ramp boss, I've lost it/he's all but gone by the time I land on the platform under the Death Egg.

4. I bought the game on the launch day here in Holland. I think I was 13 years old. I played threw the whole game with a friend who didn't mind to be tails all the time. (The flying was a nice abillity, making tails role in the game way more interesting).

We finished the game in one day. I brought it back to the shop, finding it to short.....Back then I thought games shouldn't be finished so quikly. Nowadays I feel I should have kept the game because gameplay wise it was great and could have been replayed a thousand times and more.

However, I bought Sonic and Knuckles when that one came out. I liked it, and one day a friend of mind traded his Sonic 3 game for one of my games.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still the best 2D platformer I have ever played.

Favorite Music:
    -Ice Cap Zone (This melody is so touching)
    -Hydrocity Zone (I really liek the melody on this one)
    -Lave Reef Zone (It's only in the first zone I guess, but it's sweet)
    -Flying battery Zone (great melody, especialy the part after the intro, a really sweet melody)

Sonic'music never got as good as it was in Sonic 3. The only Sonic tune in Sonic Adventure that was as good as the clssices was the one in the city level, after the running down the building (the part in daytime).

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I played through S3&K yesterday (Lately I've been playing my genesis more than any other system). I was disappointed when I was playing in Launch Base zone and I fell through the floor as Knuckles, afterwards zooming me across the ground until I got into the nether regions of the level, which upon getting there I could not escape D:

6. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the best Sonic game ever.

Although its not perfect, its the closest a Sonic game has been to it even if it has problems such as glitches (which aren't that bad) and lost some of the charm of Sonic 1 and 2.

It's also the game that Tails didn't get completed shafted at, having a Super form and also controllable flight.

And the Death Egg. A mere glimpse at it in Sonic 2, it's still awe-aspiring stepping into the complex.

7. Fleet

Fleet

How ironic; I completed S3&K properly today. :D
    I absolutely loved it. It's a fantastic game, with a compelling storyline. :O

8. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    Its a shame, however, that few Sonic 3 and Knuckles elements have been carried over to the advance/Rush series. Where are the zone transactions? Or mini-bosses? :[

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah they'd rather give you the plot through crappy cutscenes D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.