don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    But we explicitly requested them! Your loophole has no place here. :eng101:

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- :argh:

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

I was going to make a SEGA joke here, but instead it made me more simpathetic to their team and yours.

The moment SEGA took the time to listen, we got Sonic Heroes, so now I have an understanding of saying "fuck off" to old school fans because of all those who complained. It is impossible to please everyone, so you should never have to break your back trying to do so. With that said, I'll take what ever I can get, things natually change over time anyway.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I still don't like the layouts

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well in any case a corporation looking to make money and paying its employees can't push development until the 12th of never. Just look at what happened to Ion Storm. (though Daikatana and Brooks' Law are really more relevant to [random community project name here]).

That said, looks pretty nice, guys.

6. SO I been playing megamix. I finally figured out how to start it. After I started playing I got hooked. I finished the game with sonic in continued mode and got all the emeralds. I have a question about the hack though. Is there a lvl selection? After winning the game I cant get back to the old levels that I played with out starting the game all over again. Also I don't want to get all the emeralds again. Its really alot of work.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    yes, after finishing the game with a character and if you have selected "Save" when you started to play the game, you should be able to select the stage you wanna play only with the characters you have finished the game with. Of course, you keep the emeralds you got as well.

8. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    ...Or you can just put the level select code from Sonic 1. :words:
    You won't have the emeralds but you can go to any level, including special stages and the fourth acts.

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Nice to hear Megamix came back :words: Whenever this gets released, I doubt we'll be disappointed.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Speaking of, don't expect that cheat to work in the future; in fact, don't expect any cheats at all. We aren't as liberal as the original developers when it comes to encouraging cheating. ;)

11. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Well, it's not like we won't be able to just borrow save states from each other... <_<

12. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Shhh... Don't give them ideas. =P

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    They forgot to mention, they've added a routine to the game that disables savestates. :colbert:

Anyway, cool and all that this is "back".

14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Wha-wha-wha WHAT? :colbert:

How the hell is that even possible?

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I don't think they did =P But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a quirk to make savestates unreliable (or emulators for the matter, unless they're too accurate - and C64 emulators have proven that it can never be accurate enough).

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Does that even mean we can't *EVER* save our game, or just can't save it in the middle of a level via the Emulator's save function?

17. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    Oh my God! I suck at the Megamix's Special Stages. Enough to save my progress with savestates. ;)

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Easy to do. Hardcode certain parts of the sprite state to the Sega CD Bram/Cram rather than just Genesis memory, perhaps (I dunno what write speed in that regard is but it can't be that slow, surely?). Then if shit gets changed like ring count, the save state fucks up.

EDIT: Do want to clarify -- not quite that simple but I recall Hayate doing something similar by keeping shield state in SRAM rather than the main memory of the Genesis, and it was able to bork savestates if you lost a shield between savestates and tried to go back.

19. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    I don't expect codes and cheats and I don't really need them, but no savestates? That's just cruel. :colbert:

20. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Heh, well I guess it won't matter since Kega Fusion doesn't support SegaCD savestates anyways...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.