don't click here

Robotnik's Revenge

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ColinC10, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Maybe if the space between each boss reflected the zone it was representing, you could have enough rings in there to go Super. My suggestion would be to limit the amount of rings so you can get 50+ rings, but only during select pauses. Any other pause would require you to have not got hit during the previous boss.

You could possibly even have everything cut in half, so you could have a mix of S1 and S2 boss's in a SBZ setting, then have the other half in DEZ. And if you do the extended intermissions, you could port the S1 Special Stages and have a mix of them, but still have them add up to 7.

If you go as far as adding the S3K boss's and mini-boss's, you can even have DEZ (S3K) as a third part.

2. My time attack results, no cheating or anything. I find survival amusing too. :(

[​IMG]

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Damn this is awesome. this is what S2's Death Egg should have been in my opinnion. In Sonic 2 it just feels too small for a large Space Station

4. Master3k

Master3k

Sonic 3k is no longer my "gaming ability training area".

Awesome job. You should put dynamic boss musics on this hack, and S3K bosses just like people said before.

5. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    I figured out what caused the bug I mentioned above, but good news, it should be nearly impossible to activate under normal circumstances (I.e. not Super Sonic or a TAS).

How to activate it? Once the CNZ boss is defeated, hug the wall that disappears on the right with Super Sonic and race as quickly as you can to the SYZ boss once it's gone (EDIT: You just have to get the exploding CNZ Robotnik offscreen as fast as possible). The screen will unlock, and the entire bug unfolds.

6. Jeiku

Jeiku

16:14:54, no cheating/savestates.

This is an awesome, awesome hack. Hell, I'm going to play it again later.

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Played it, loved it!

I never managed to get past the CNZ boss. I just cut it off after facing him a few times.

But I'd love for this to be on Hacktube so I can play it at school :rolleyes:

8. tech3475

tech3475

One of the best hacks I have seen to date and indeed most original.

Now if you could integrate the S3&K bosses and the OPTION for savestates or an easy/medium/hard I think you would have an ultimate hack for those who like the boss parts (like me)

9. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    I'm assuming you mean savefiles? Because Savestates aren't actually part of the game, they are a feature/naughty naughty cheat function in emulators.

10. tech3475

tech3475

sorry I meant save files.

I also forgot to mention, can you please have the music change to something else e.g. S1 boss music to S1 boss? one thing that drove me insane was hearing the S2 boss all the time.

11. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Oh hey, I thought I replied to this already.

This hack is awesome. You took a simple idea and made it excellent, a very nice clean hack. It works perfect on jenesisDS by the way.

Most people complain about the S2 music being on constantly, and it does get annoying :P but it's not that bad.

I got 11 minutes and something, A rank, on my first try. Only died once.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love the Sonic 2 boss theme the most out of all the Sonic boss themes. However I think it would be nice to have like Death Egg music playing the whole time.

13. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    I am declaring this hack to be better than Megamix, Advanced Edit, Extended, and Chaos combined.

I <3 you now.

Also, please please PLEASE port S3K bosses. 17 bosses is not enough bosses.

14. Geez, some bosses from Sonic 3K may present a challenge to implement. But if it ever happens, it's going to be rock. Question though to Colin, how long did it take you create this wonderful version of the game?

Also an idea, why not go from the Mecha Sonic boss, to the S1 Final Zone boss, and use the Robotnik running animation from after defeating that boss, and make him run to jump into the suit of the S2 Final boss? Wouldn't that look better for the transition?

15. S3k bosses are real bitches to work with. (Even more than s1's/s2's =P )

16. Is it just me, or does the game lock up in Regen before getting to the Wing Fortress Zone boss?

17. ColinC10

ColinC10

Tech Member
    According to the file dates on my computer, I started it in March. I wasn't working on it constantly for all of that time, though.

Yeah, I didn't think of that. There's already a transition set up between Silver Sonic and the S2 final boss, though, so I'm happy with just leaving that in place.

17 bosses is not enough? Are you fucking kidding me? I used all of DEZ act 1 and most of DEZ act 2 to fit them all in! I added a digit to the timer so you didn't get a time over at 10 minutes! 22 palette changes! 25 art load requests! 9 background changes! And you're still not satisfied?! :)

Nah, just kidding. :) I agree that including the S3K bosses would be unbelievably awesome, but it's not going to happen. Porting 6 relatively simple bosses from Sonic 1 (most of which have the same art) was hard enough. If I was to make a hack with the S3K bosses I'd start with S3K and then port all the S1 and S2 bosses into that but it would still be face-meltingly difficult. So forget about it!

Most of the other things mentioned here are ideas that I really wanted to do but never got round to - especially having the correct music for each boss. I'm not working on this hack right now, but I will do another version at some point, so keep your comments and suggestions coming, please!

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Actually, rather than have the S1/S2 music for each boss, I'd rather have maybe one REALLY LONG song that loops after 5 minutes instead; it would be far less repetitive -- and the music wouldn't keep changing into boss theme -- DEZ theme -- boss theme -- etc. which felt a bit choppy and just as repetitive.

19. Been playing solidly all night and got my time down to 7:48:99 without cheating. :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.