don't click here

It's coming...

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I'd rather have little teasers and then find major stuff in the ROMs myself, personally. Keep the Chaotix stuff coming. I don't really want any Sonic 3 Beta spoilers.

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

Wow, great to see that overhead Newtrogic High Zone used on the Sega screen, I always loved it! I wonder why they went with that weird outer-space type BG in the final?

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Agreed, that NHZ thing is cool.

4. Tanks

Tanks

And here I thought we were all worried about brawl spoilers... <_<

Nice screen shot too. I don't know why, but I'm reminded of Sonic 3D Blast whenever I look at that screen...

5. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Thing is with a Sonic 3 Beta, if we get around 10 exciting screenshots, we'll likely have seen most of the exclusive in the beta before we get to play it. With Brawl, we've seen much more, but there's also stuff we still haven't seen.

6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I'm pretty sure most of the new stuff won't be seen by playing the rom but by digging in it...

7. Evil Hedgehog

Evil Hedgehog

Hey, drx, could you post a S3 Beta screen? Plz. :)

8. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    ...Is it wrong that I noticed that the Newtrogic High Zone render in the proto shot is actually from a slightly different angle than the render on the box / manual? It's most noticable when looking at the boat, but on closer inspection the entire shot is from a very slightly different angle.

Not really that interesting, but thought it was worth mentioning regardless. =P

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Wow, you've got good eyes. I hadn't noticed it.

10. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

I noticed that too. I'm guessing that it was a 3D model they used for promotion.

Why they took it out of the game itself, though, who knows. It actually looks pretty cool.

Anyway, I've not posted here yet so I'd like to congratulate drx like everyone else has. I've lurked these communities for literally years (I think as far back as 1999 or 2000) and this find is definitely the best one I've seen. It's probably the biggest we'll ever see, and it's one that I'm sure is filled with huge amounts of stuff to be found. Good job.

11. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Again, Trial members need to stop replying... well most of them anyway. The guy above me seems cool.

I thought that pic was a Sonic 3D blast pic at first... I never officially owned Chaotix. It looks neat though. Saturday never seemed so far away.

12. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    I at first thought it to be a remnant of those overworld "fields".

I wish I had some sort of useful ability to justify an extra screenshot.

13. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    So... since the "drx proto faq" is here, nobody is posting here anymore... :P
    Anyways, it looks like the Chaotix protos are the most interresting.
    Or maybe Drx is just hiding some big discoveries...

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Not too surprised, myself, about the popularity of Chaotix protos.

We've got what are already rather similar Sonic 2 protos, and Sonic 3 could be considered a beta as well. Interest in Sonic 3 would be related to the music, which apparently isn't significantly different from the originals, if I understand correctly.

Meanwhile, all we have for Chaotix is a proto for the Genesis that shares some level archetypes and music compositions, but has different characters, different drum samples, and different level art. Having some idea of where the one turned into the other would be a big deal, considering how drastic a change it would be.

Also, I'm doing a series of videos on Youtube about Chaotix, so I'm likely putting in videos of most of the quirks of each of the protos (including Crackers/Stadium) for a sort of completeness.

15. Skaarg

Skaarg

Really though Crackers isn't much of a proto, it was more of a proof of concept build for show.

16. Oh yes. We're gonna see a Chaotix Proto with the name Knuckles Ring Star, as the FAQ says, right?

17. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    it's IMPLIED but... nothing is set in stone as far as I'm concerned.

I'm trying SO hard not to get my hopes up ;_;

EDIT
    your sig is just text right? You're manually updating the countdown I take it?

18. Correct.

I'd love to code a countdown or so.

19. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
  20. If you want a real-time countdown, you can use this page (requires javascript to be enabled and your system time AND timezone to be set correctly)