don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Classic Sonic is just there thinking "who the FUCK is this guy"

2. Alternatively, "Not this fucking guy again..."

3. Lambda

Lambda

Whelp... I was totally wrong... except about the #KnowingSmile

https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1752817699774759117

I think the campaign is going to be quite short, but it does look really cool. Love to see all the ShTH stuff coming back. Not because I love that game or it's story (I've actually never owned or really played it), but because I love it when franchises embrace their missteps and mine them for good content/ideas instead of brushing things under the rug. EMBRACE YOUR CRINGE AND YOU WILL SET YOURSELF FREE!

I just hope owners of Generations on Steam get some sorta discount... I wanna play the Shadow stuff, but I won't feel amazing paying $60 for what I'm expecting to be a 30-60 minute mini story... somehow I think they'll make us pay full price anyway, though...

Won't be the first time I've owned 3 copies of a Sonic game, and it likely won't be the last...

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Really hoping we get Powerman 5000 to come back for a remix of the GOAT ShTH song

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Tinfoil hat time. They did this to ruin the google searches for Sonic x Shadow. Genius.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Counterpoint: Sonic X already exists for that.

7. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    Black Doom wasn't lying when he said the Black Arms will rise again.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat

I really like the name and logo. (Was not aware it was also used in some fan art, I didn’t know what you guys were talking about.)

I said they shouldn’t mess with Sonic’s storyline and that’s true but just crossing paths would be ok. I really like the intro. Classic Sonic is surprised but surely Modern Sonic explains he’s not an enemy.

I hope we get to use Shadow in Classic locations. Maybe have secret portals hidden in his stages that give him access. Like rips in time just for fun. Shadow having to go back in time to stop a separate threat during Sonic’s events is pretty wild...but cool.

9. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    nah we all know magna-fi is the best band in Shadow. It'll never happen ,but it'd be cool if sega somehow got the rights to "Who I am" for this.

10. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Figured this might be interesting, but if you were paying attention to the SteamDB page for this game, you'd notice it had changed names just after the trailer. Going under the codename of Miller, or at least it used Miller as a name to mask what it was.
    [​IMG]
    Possibly a reference to Josh Miller? Writer for both the 1st and 2nd Sonic movies, and most likely the 3rd.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    >Shadow is now significantly older than Sonic was when Generations first released

12. Lambda

Lambda

Graphics comparison from GameXplain:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Other than a resolution bump, it doesn't look like they did a damn thing.

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I think I'm seeing new trick animations?

15. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    Do they even need to do anything? It looks good to me.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's important to remember that this is mainly for console people. Insisting that this is unnecessary because the PC version still looks good is missing the point entirely. The bare minimum they need to do is to have this run on all the currently available consoles with better frame rate and resolution. And there's a lot more console hardware out there than just Xbox.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Turbohog

Turbohog

Yeah, they kinda do need to do something if they're advertising it as a remaster.

18. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    A "complete remaster" no less, according to Sonic's YouTube video description. They have until autumn this year to spruce things up, provided there's no delay. I'm hoping the reveal footage is from an early build, or even just using footage of existing Sonic Generations ala Sonic Origins' initial reveal footage.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  19. If you told me Shadow would trend just behind wrestling and Death Stranding in 2024, I would call you a fucking liar.

Shadow.png

The 2000 millennials won today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    Fair point, they did say they're remastering the visuals. Honestly though enhanced visuals have never been a selling point of remasters to me. it's the bug fixes, mechanical improvements, and new content that makes them appealing to me, and that's precisely what has me sold on this game, visual improvements would just be icing on the cake.