don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  3. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Whilst I'd love that, I kinda want Flickies Island just down to how the 'story' ended.

... ... Annnnnnnd Playable Amy in something, and... maybe some kind of hint as to what that city was.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

I know a Chaotix port is highly unlikely. Still, a guy can dream.

Yeah, I could easily seem them adding 3D Blast (the mega-drive version no doubt - they never rerelease the Saturn version) and Spinball as well.

I really hope they add the option of the finite lives system to Anniversary & Story Mode and make Knuckles (Tails AI) combo playable in S1, CD & 3K.

Realistically I'm expecting a physical release with a patch to fix the remaining bugs and maybe some new missions. Nothing more. Keeping my expectations in check.

6. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Sure love that the patch we've been waiting for is a whole entire separate release.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  8. The Deleter

The Deleter

So glad that the Steam branches activity actually materialized into something tangible; just have to cross my fingers that they address the problems alongside the Plus content now.

Origins didn't get a physical release though; the Plus model is an update + paid DLC for the base game otherwise.

9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Sonic Mania did get a patch when Plus was announced -- not saying that will definitely happen for Origins, but there's some precedent. I really hope this manifests into something good.

Frankly, they could do paid DLCs adding all the classic era games and then never have to make another port again. I'd buy 'em just for convenience, and to play Sonic the Fighters again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Vertette

Vertette

Yeah I fully expect it to be another "patch + DLC" situation.

Sega please please *please* fix the audio. My biggest hope is they got Headcannon to go over all the games for a big old spit and polish, but if I can't be too greedy then at least do the audio thing.

11. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    guys calm down please. let's expect nothing so we either get presently surprised or at least not disappointed. let's just expect it's a bunch of level recolors and that's it

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Vertette

Vertette

I dunno, I've expected nothing from Sega before and got burned anyway. It doesn't seem to help.

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Chaotix would only be likely if Stealth was working on Plus. But there’s been speculation in this thread that he wouldn’t have availability. Unless M2 really want to stretch themselves and have a crack at 32X emulation.

The survey Sega sent out a few months ago probably gives a good idea of what to expect:
    https://twitter.com/andresl_1997/status/1563044569981145088?s=46&t=_Djf_UhUehKisqKLZVh3-Q

Basically extra characters in the classic games, behind the scenes material, more animations, more games (probably via emulation, because I doubt they remaster the entire classic back catalogue) and new co-op modes.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I'll accept bug fixes and a better menu system, give us easy up front menu options for all the things we can do with the retro engine, that's all you need to do sega!

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    There has to be a pretty significant improvement in Origins to interest me in Plus. The alternatives are still better.
    • Remove bilinear filter
    • Add CRT filters from Mania
    • Add Knuckles to CD
    • Add Amy in all games
    • Standardize the menus with all the features
    • Backport Path Tracer to the other games
    • Add the original beta tracks for 3 (and fix Jun's originals)
    • Replace anniversary modes with emulated originals
    • Give me a back rub
    It's a tall order, but they're competing against community improvements.

16. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    I will expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if something cool is added. Probably safest.

17. Not very much realistic, but Retro Engine Sonic 3D Blast based on SEGA Saturn version.

18. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    If we were in the Good Future (where much of the Sonic "media landscape" is entirely different), such a port would include toggles for the original Mega Drive palettes, textures, soundtrack and Special Stages. Nice to dream etc.

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    >release half baked versions of games released 30 years ago
    >come out half a year later to say there's a plus version of the game with all the fixes

Sega's found a genius strategy. They're laughing to the bank.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  20. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

I remember Stealth saying his team had further fixes planned for 3K but SEGA wouldn't let them be implemented, so hopefully these fixes can now be added. 3K in Origins is great but definitely has a few issues which need to be addressed.