don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Rouge the Bat plush when you pre-order.

2. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I honestly have no fucking clue

3. netscapenow

netscapenow

Maybe there's customization like Colours Ultimate and you can get 4 pixel large recreations of the shoes he wears in Prime :V

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    If Joe isn't a big stinky liar, don't put too much thought into it. Don't forget how they did the cross promotion for Colors and Movie Sonic.

[​IMG]

It'll probably be something as shrimple as that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Snowbound

Snowbound

Hmm… if origins plus ties into prime I wonder if it will release around the same time as the next batch of prime episodes.

Honestly I’m thinking we could get a Sonic Central in March or April. It could cover Origins Plus, More Prime episodes, batch one of the Frontiers DLC and an update on the Knuckles tv show.

6. MH MD

MH MD

Add those pixel segments from Prime into the games themselves as cutscenes, maybe make even more in that style, ez

7. Snowbound

Snowbound

Maybe we get one original zone as a bonus for beating story mode. The first act is the city we saw in Origins’ ending. In an act-transition we see the classic foursome find a shard of the Paradox Prism. They touch it and are transported to New Yoke City for Act 2. This is unlikely but I’ve been imagining this scenario since the prime tie-in was mentioned

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

They better at least fix the horrid audio issues - and I'm not even talking about the replaced Sonic 3 tracks.

9. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Idk if we can trust Joe.. he can’t even confirm if Knuckles is being added to Sonic CD :V:V

EDIT: Just to add more to this, the rating for the PC version of vanilla Origins was leaked in South Korea literally 2 days before we got the official trailer from SEGA back in April 2022. So my money is on a Plus reveal trailer coming very soon. Maybe as early as next week but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    The only dream feature I have is that they get Savaged Regime to redo the S3 "beta" tracks or get Tee to make entirely new ones.
    Those tracks have always stunk.

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki

????

Honestly there were so many tiers of Sonic Origins at launch I'm surprised there wasn't a "plus" package already.

I fear it might be something misguided like "Mighty and Ray in Sonic 3", aka "the code's already written and we're lazy". Would the level design change to accommodate the new characters? Would it respect the limitations of the Mega Drive hardware for an authentic experience?

12. Pengi

Pengi

Sonic Prime had a flashback of Tails getting bullied by the two foxes, which was inspired by the same scene in Sonic Origins.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Yep, now THIS is jammin!

14. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Amys playable in all the games?

I believe you. Don't see why you'd lie about something this tame.

Do you know what games will be added?

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That’s all I know, unfortunately. Don’t know what games are being added (though I’d imagine Spinball would be one of them) or how Amy will work. Only other thing I can say is that we should be getting official confirmation in March.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    It's insulting she wasn't playable to begin with given how SEGA pushed her in all the marketing materials.

17. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Fuck it. I hope Chaotix does get added and people play it and realize that only the music and graphics/art design are good and that playing the game sucks. Then we can stop hearing about people wanting it re-released for at least a decade.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  18. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Amy seems pretty natural because she was in all the trailers and new cutscenes for the package

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    As a person who likes Chaotix, I have to agree, it's not good and I don't know why people want it so badly

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Sega knows us / we're greedy, and we know Sega / they're greedy as well. As long as the end result is GOOD → nobody cares. Fanservice is nice and all, but honestly? Nothing beats games that are just GOOD. Please don't mess this up. If this is a legit leak mind you. Sorry for the rant.