don't click here

The 4th Annual Sonic "ROM Editing" Contest

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I dunno if I'll be entering this time... Hmm... I doubt I'll be able to finish anything with all the stuff I've got and will have goin' on.

Maybe Sonic Advance 3: Extreem Manseckz.

2. Shade

Shade

Hmm. I may as well enter if I get my Sonic 2 (or maybe even my Sonic 1) hack done in time. Not making any promises though, but if I got one done, I'd be interested to see what happened with it just for the fun of it.

3. Robjoe

Robjoe

Same here. It'd be interesting to see how my hack stacks up against others, even if I'm 90% or so sure that It'll lose. =P Although I've got about three good ideas that may make it fare a bit against some hacks. So, who's to say? =O

4. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    The great part about that, though, is that most people feel that way about entering and then you're only up against about five or six hacks. You're just about guaranteed to win something...

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That's true -- You shouldn't give a hoot about the competition, because you never really know what that competition could be. Just enter! It'd be a good way to up the hype on your hack, anyway. ;)

6. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Maybe I should dig Underground out of the shitter...

7. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    Well my level is gonna be a part of Rika_Chou's hack, Sonic 2-A.E., so that's how it will likely end up being submitted.

8. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Time's Running out, and I'm Making excellent progress with Palettes. Robjoe and I have located many many palettes, Including Boss and Rotating, which to us, Is pretty big.

Mostly thanks to Hivebrain's Hivepal version .1 to get us started, and .2 to step it out a notch!

I wish their was an S3K Trophy, then Rob and I may have a chance in getting a trophy.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Wow, time is already running out. I hope I can get my computer fixed and get one more level made in time.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Whew... Thank god, I think I'll be able to make the deadline. Gotta make use of every last second...

I'll be snagging more than the piano trophy, rest assured.

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    You sound confident :P

*launches secret music plan*

I wish I had one :rolleyes:

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I spent too many hours NOT to be confident. :P

13. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Beh... Sonic: The Lost Land BETA is gonna be one of mine, although the music belongs to Tweaker, so his work'll still be in it. I'm mainly in it for the palettes. =P

Oh, and if I can, I'd also like to submit my Sonic: The Lost Land 2 BETA, if that's okay... but unfortunately, it only seems to work in Kega. I even took Tweaker's advice to try changing the pointers, but it didn't work, so it's been reverted again.

Once again, palettes for that hack, although I would like to get something else. =P

14. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    I really have no idea what Sonic 1: NEW STUFZ will get. =P

15. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I don't even think I'm gonna bother entering this year actually. To be honest, I can't see myself winning anything, and I don't really want to be rushing to meet a deadline, just for the sake of an "award" which, a couple of months down the line, people don't remember anyway.

16. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    You are so true... Same here. I'd like to finish every little things with all the time I need to do them. As for the award, well, it's just a contest for fun and our entertainment. This certainly help a bit to take care about our hacks too, trying to improve them reading the feedback. Why not? :rolleyes:

17. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I'll probably be entering this time, with Sonic 1 Plus.

18. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    As long as I can play your hack in an emulator, I'll be cool with it. There's been quite a few hacks that will run on emulators but not on hardware in the past and this falls basically under the same category imo. If you hacked it and it runs on something, I'll take it.

And yah, the purpose of this contest is to drive everyone out there to outdo themselves and try and create the best hack possible. I only wish I had the photoshopping skills to at least make banners for the trophies or something =P

In the mean time, go and get those hacks ready... midnight of May 31st MST is your deadline ~.^

19. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    . . . oh crap, I'd better get started on that. XD

20. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Well, tomorrow is my public release of Sonic: The Lost Land, but as for Sonic: The Lost Land 2, I'm still working on getting Starlit Shrine back in. I'll get started on finishing the tiles that Stephen started, but didn't finish.