don't click here

The 2013 Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Yeah, I'd just like to say that I have troubles with uploading screenshots. I log in, go to my entry page, click on ":: Upload Image ::", see the loading icon at the bottom right, and then nothing happens. If I click on it again I get "An upload is already in progress. If you believe this is in error, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact an SHC Judge for further assistance.".

So yeah, further assistance please. I had no trouble adding a YouTube video or uploading the actual ROM, but screenshots are just like LOLNOPE.

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Allow popup windows; image and ROM uploads appear in a popup window.

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I know. I already uploaded the ROM and it worked just fine there, but screenshots don't want to work.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Hm.. send me the images and I'll put them in there for you. You seem to be the only one with this problem.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Just to push this out there in case anyone contacted a judge about access and hasn't had a reply, only Cinossu is able to deal with the exceptions, so send him a PM if you're having issues.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Overlord isn't going to kill me for this double post, you have just under a week left to submit for this year's hacking contest.

If you don't want to be disappointed because you ended up putting in a late entry (which aren't accepted), submit your hack now. You can work on your hack further for an extra week after the deadline.

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Re: late entries; add an entry now if you are thinking of entering the contest in the first place. Once the time is up, you won't be able to add a new entry at all, but you will still be able to edit existing entries for a further week. Even if you just leave it as a blank entry for now (we have a good number like that already), reserve the entry spot else you'll be all out of luck.

8. A quick question... My ROM hack is a 32X port of Sonic 1, with WIP additional features. However 32X is not an accepted file extension. Would it be okay to rename to .bin and upload, and leave a comment specifying to rename to .32x to prevent it launching as a standard Megadrive rom?

9. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I'm sure Cinossu could just add the extension to be allowed without causing a lot of renaming fuss.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Should be allowed now, but to note it renames the file anyway, including the extension. I'll possibly fix it tomorrow properly, but I just got off of a plane this morning and I'm extremely tired.

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber

When it says "deadline", does it mean 31st July? Or does it mean the end of the update week we get that ends in 7th August?

EDIT: I also can't set the game as public:

Well, I see a comments box which I have field, but no description box.

12. pablodrago

pablodrago

BS AS
    just double click the text below your hack name, there you can edit the description

13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    The deadline for new entries is 31st July. The deadline for editing existing entries is 7th August.

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Ah, didn't know that was the description box! Cheers.

Okay, just when it said current entries will be "un-editable" after the deadline, I wasn't too sure, so had to check.

15. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Hey guys, the New Entry Submission Deadline is approaching! Read more here, but tl;dr is 1st August 7am BST (GMT+1) means no more new entries.

Read the link for more info, and good luck. :U

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Final day for submissions today, reserve your place for the contest if you haven't already because remember, no new submissions will be accepted after the submissions deadline.

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Looking forward to this year's contest. I myself have no entry... but I've managed to be a part of it in some form this year. Wishing best of luck to a certain entry.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You have 12 hours remaining to submit to the contest. If you submit after that your entry will not be accepted.

19. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    You have just under 7 hours to get new entries in. This includes placeholders.

I am off to bed for the night, and when I awaken, at 7am, new entries shall be disabled. If you want to enter this contest, this is your final warning about getting something there, even if it's just clicking on the button in the first place for a placeholder.

Do it now. Do it sooner.

Good luck, and good night!

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Aaaaaaand that's it. New entry submissions are now closed, with a total of 38 entries in this year's contest! Those of you with entries, you now have until 8th August 7am BST (GMT+1) to finish and get them complete anymore than you already have if you so wish. Any entries left in an Incomplete state at that point will not be able to be edited out of it.

(If you have exceptional circumstances and a very good excusereason, we may allow you a new entry during this week. But, it will have a be a very, very good reason. No "I forgot"s. Plus, you better have everything ready to go straight away; description, images/videos, ROM. No "I need the remaining week to make edits still", you're already coming in late.)

Those of you with entries, good luck. Those of you without, get ready in a week's time for the Public Viewing and the Community Voting!