don't click here

Sonic X-Treme Found!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheRedEye, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratman221

Ratman221

Banned
    The whole bidding was internal and never ment for anyone else to bid on/own. TheRedEye and the "Collector" only publically gave this information out only to make you wet your fucking pants.

Either way you would never of seen X-Treme in the light of day. You may blame TheRedEye (The middleman) and hl7_18 (The Collector).

Furthermore the two AIM names I provided were not so fake.

Mad Moxxy = The Ex-Sega Employee (Seller)
    MetaPhysicalMind = The "Anonymous Collector"

:evil:

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Too late.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    So you're telling me that the seller would rather have $2500 than a potential $5000? Or was the $2500 a lie, too?

I call bullshit.

4. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    It also seems kinda stupid that you would decide "Hey, let's fool around with those Sonic nerds". For no real reason at all.

5. Ratman221

Ratman221

Banned
    The item was never ment for the Sonic Community to have. ONLY THE COLLECTOR.

6. LocalH

LocalH

So that was worth $2500 to the seller then, to ensure that?

What about the other non-Sonic sceners from ASSEMbler's? Am I supposed to believe that they were intended to be fucked out of it as well?

7. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:16:16 PM): it's likely too, or at I think, that the guy buying it for $3000 and the guy selling it are one and the same
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:16:21 PM): well
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:07 PM): the guy who bought it suddenly popper up out of nowhere
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:15 PM): popped*
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:27 PM): and claims that he'll never dump it
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:32 PM): because uhm. He feels like it. Yep
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:44 PM): even though isos are piss easy to rip and distribute
    Billy Hatcher88 (5:17:51 PM): But his grammar skills suck. You'd at least have some awesome typing skills to join a well-known games company as a programmer
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:17:53 PM): no one's that selfish
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:01 PM): =P
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:09 PM): not necessarily =P
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:23 PM): a lot of concept work is done on paper
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:34 PM): and people change completely over the internet
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:41 PM): he could be the smartest, most amazing guy ever
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:18:51 PM): and I think he is pretty smart... well, he's funny anyway =P
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:19:39 PM): the fact that some mystery guy called "Mystery Man" popped up and offered $3000
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:19:55 PM): I bet if someone actually went above him, Mytery Man would suddenly get a better job and offer more
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:19:55 PM): =P
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:20:16 PM): and it would never end, because mystery man is in fact paying nothing, for nothing =P
    ShadowsoftUltima (5:20:19 PM): anyway

Well, I kinda missed the mark a bit. I'm disappointed. (Those times are GMT - about 2 and a half hours ago)

8. Ratman221

Ratman221

Banned
    Let me repeat this, THE ITEM WAS NEVER MENT FOR ANYONE ELSE BUT THE COLLECTOR! TheRedEye made sure the collector was going to win the auction. When he was bids gaining close on the collector, he told me to post a fake 3 grand bid. It was all to show it off, nothing more nothing less.

9. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    I knew tipping the fan community off would cause all sorts of weird bullshit like this.

Anyway. This guy is lying, and the anonymous collector who won isn't hl7_18.

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Well now, even if the guy decides to reauction it, I won't be paying a single dollar. I don't like being fucked around and with this much at stake I'm not taking the risk. If what that assclown says is true, then I hope the seller is happy with selling it for $2500, rather than doubling up on the money.

11. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Why is he even a member? surely this is premeditated, or the guy would be a trial member at best =P

I'm sorry to be intisgating mistrust, RedEye, but I just don't wanna see so many people disappointed. Then again, shit happens I guess.

12. LocalH

LocalH

Simon made him a member intentionally, thinking that he was legit. I imagine he'll be banned once this is over.

13. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Aha, that makes sense.

14. LocalH

LocalH

We don't know if any of that is true or not. He could just be an asshole trying to fuck us over (still potentially hired by the collector, however).

15. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Even so, with all this shit flying around this topic, would you be willing to take a gamble on $5000. I know I'm not taking a chance now. Too much has been said that could make sense, and I'm not prepared to lose it all.

16. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Uh-oh! We got trolled!

17. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    There will be no "re-auction," payment arrangements are being made now between the seller and the $2,500 winner. This thing is over, except for some forthecoming high-res screenshots and video that the seller has very graciously promised I could share with you guys.

EDIT: I meant to say the buyer, not the seller. The buyer has some good video equipment and will be capturing stuff for everyone.

18. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    And we'll learn as much from the video as we would from the actual thing, so be happy.

19. LocalH

LocalH

Maybe.

20. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Man, I was hoping to rip some 3D models from that disc. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.