don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Hez if you are having trouble getting rid of bugs, have you thought about sending your source to someone else very experieced with MMF such as DW or LarkSS? I'm still up for beta testing if need be.

2. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Sounds good! Hopefully you will be done in the next week or so, I'm sure people are just as excited as me to play the full game considering how good the demo was.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Congrats on 'finishing' your project Hez! Good luck with that last bit of testing, I'm definitely looking forward to the final release! :) I'd offer to help, but I have a knack for NOT coming across bugs and glitches when I'm playing a Sonic game, unless it's absolutely riddled with them like '06.

4. dsrb

dsrb

No danger. This post is just exacerbating your readers’ Blue Spheres Syndrome. :colbert:

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    This is how the new Ghost mode in time trials will be like. An arrow indicating where your ghost is, and a bar on the bottom to show progression of the level. If you do not wish to have these, simply say no to ghost mode and it will play like a normal level without the bar or ghost.

Normal Ghosts will just be a transparent sonic. If you choose to race one of my ghosts, my 10 year old sprite of myself will appear.

NOTE: No, I am not changing my shitty Hez sprite, It's there mostly for my amusement.

6. Felik

Felik

Stop talking. Release it already

7. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Damnit I wanted to be the awesome one when Megamix got released with ghost mode :(

Joking aside, the release of this should be pretty awesome, it'll be nice to get a true fully completed Sonic fan game for once :)

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Ghost racing mode is always a good thing, curious though, why orange? I always thought a pale blue would fit more nicely.

Whoa now, easy fella =P

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's his Avatar. It only applies to the ghosts he himself submits :)

11. OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped Member
    As much as I did enjoy playing through a bit of Sonic Classic, I really got irritated with this one 'bug' I found in the game where if you hit the bottom of a floating platform. Even when it's not moving you will instantly die from it. I dunno if that was done intentionally or not, I hope that was changed/fixed at some point.

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Oh man, that is so great. Racing your avatar is pretty damn awesome. Can't wait for this game, maaaan.

13. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    are you serious

this was mentioned 10,000 times. He said it's been fixed like months ago.

14. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Eat a dick, kid. People like you get projects like this killed off.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Nah man, it's gonna get finished. Probably tonight.

Also, on a side note. I made it now that you can play time trials with all three characters. It used to be only sonic, but I figured people would throw a bitch fit.

While on that note...should all three characters be available for challenges? (I left knuckles and tails out because of fear that people would spam the fuck out of tails)

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Are there some challenges that could work if they were character specific, with most of them being for Sonic? I don't know much about how your challenges/missions/etc. work, but there's an idea I guess.

If that won't do, and you're worried about people using Tails to clear everything, go with Sonic only. It is challenge mode after all, right? Being able to use Tails and Knuckles in Time Trial should feel liberating enough.

17. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I agree with TJ. If they challenges were made with Sonic on mind you shouldn't really bother adding in the two extra characters, and I'm not only saying this just because I want to play the game earlier. :P

Also, with that on mind, I think it's time to change your signature. :P

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I would say Sonic only. He's always taken the most skill to navigate, since Tails and Knuckles have ways of going up and over obstacles.

19. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I'll have to echo everyone else here and say stick with Sonic only for the challenges if they were made with him in mind. Although I think it would be pretty cool if you added one or two Tails/Knuckles specifc challenges to the mix.

I can't wait to play the final version of this, the demo was really awesome! Great job on this Hez!

20. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I think that's what I'm sticking with.

And time trials have seperate slots for each character. So if you get a high score with knuckles, it won't count for sonic. No cheating =3

EDIT: I found a new semi-big bug...Ghost Ghost data....if you clear a level with a faster time, pieces of your previous ghost linger.