don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    He said it would be released in July, but hit complications, where he said it would be released around a week later or so. A couple of days ago he said it would probably be out that night. But again, I'm not making complaints against delays, I'm super glad he's putting this much work into this. And Hez doesn't need to give in. Why would he? We're loving the game anyway and if people take it personally that he's not more specific about the game, they have issues that are not of concern to anyone else.

With these things, the more general the better. But personally I would love it if he doesn't offer another new release date. I love that he posts updates on the game itself, and those are great things to continue :) But it would be cool if the next time he decides to mention release, it'll be along the lines of "hey, here it is, go nuts," and the game's out.

On another note, your idea is good of not mentioning anything, Overbound, because what I was talking about in my last point applies to yours; it'll be an awesome surprise whenever you decide to release your project, because we don't know when we're supposed to want it and when we get it we'll be all "whoa, I've always wanted this, I just never knew it!" :)

2. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Stuff happends guys. You should never trust indie/fan developers word on releases. *Darts eyes at Chaos Card Wars*

3. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Here are a few solutions!
    • Go hang out with your friends
    • Go for a walk
    • Play some flash games
    • Play any game
    • Take a nap
    • Have a chat
    In short, just deal with it. Hype only makes you like something less in the end anyway.

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    TheKazeBlade pretty much explained my point, nothing more to say :)

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I know I'm terrible with release date estimates. I remember posting in the screenshots thread about Sonic 2k6 2D and saying it would be done "in the next couple of days". It was at least a week later when I finally released it, and that was after multiple days of telling my friends "I'll be done tomorrow".

There's always something you can do to make it better. There's always another feature you wanted to do and forgot about, another layer of polish that can be added, so on and so forth.

It happens. Studios have to worry about release dates because releasing something on a specific day effects profits. Hez doesn't have to worry about that, so if he wants to take his time and make it better, well, that's fine by me. I'm patient. :P

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It's done, it's just that when the weekend comes man, I hit the beer hard and do nothing but drink. Sunday's over and I've had my last beer. Tomorrow I'm doing nothing but working on this. It'll be released this week sometime considering I have no work until saturday.

EDIT: and I feel like I owe you guys an explination for the semi-delay. When I was recording my "Hez" ghosts for the game, I realized that when recording ghosts over a minute long start to seriously lag the game. I didn't catch this before because I only tested it in Hazel Hills act 1, which is easily beaten in under 30 seconds. When it came time to record Luster lakes, I realized this bug and had to devise a way to split the ghost files up in 30 second chunks and rebuild them when replaying the level. This is complete now, so all I have to do is update ghosts and polish a tad bit more.

7. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Can't wait to see what comes this week, then. Looking forward to it, Hez.

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Fair enough pal, glad to see you understood I was giving more of a friendly advice rather than a rant, good luck :D

9. RickyTheHedgehog

RickyTheHedgehog

Normally I don't post in fear that I won't get accepted as a member. (I am very paranoid of this fact.) But this game truly and honestly deserves it.

Though I only found out about this game last night, (What good timing for me? It's getting released soon. ;)) this is just fantastic. I played he demo, despite the platform bug I finally managed to beat it. (I could only do it in mirror mode for some reason. o_O)

I told my brother how awesome it was and showed him a really old video of this, and he said "It looks like the old sonic games.", which is mostly what anyone making a good fan-game is going for.

I'm totally looking forward to the release of this game. And it must take a lot of patience to work on a game for such a long period of time. As a Flash game maker who cannot finish things if my life depended on it, I know that working on one thing for a long time takes lots of effort. I hope this is more well-known when it's released. It most definitely deserves it. I haven't seen one bad thing in this game so far.

And now I stop posting for a year or so, most likely.

10. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Dude just post a well-written topic and you'll get approved. That's what I did: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=23829. It's harder for the mods to see you through the replies of so many fast-moving threads.

As for Sonic Classic: good to hear the game is finally nearing release. I still have the intention of dedicating a night to this and then posting feedback in the inevitable explosion of discussion that will follow. I'm certain the extended development time will make the game shine. Looking forward to it.

11. dsrb

dsrb

[​IMG];)

12. Matwek

Matwek

Missed the window, its drinking time again.

13. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    It's still Friday in America.

I'm on the edge of my seat for this release!

14. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I would love for Hez to just come in here and surprise us. Perhaps he will read this and do just that. More realistically I would say Monday at the earliest (man that guy likes to get hammered).

15. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I hope he keeps delaying it for spite. I enjoy that sort of thing.

16. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Hez, you should be fucking president man!

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I got talked into going out on Thursday, and I picked up shifts friday and saturday at work. I in no way am trying to put this off. I just suck at saying no to going out.

Good news though, I said no to working sunday, so I have sunday - wednesday free atm.

18. Titan

Titan

UK
    I'm the same, I won't lie :v:
    You're only human dude, looking forward to when it does finally drop though :)

19. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    I'm a bit of a lurker and basically never post, but I just had to comment on this. It looks absolutely incredible.
    Not many fangames reach the level of quality where they seem like legitimate succesors to the Genesis/Megadrive Sonic games,
    but from what we've seen so far, this really, really looks like it could. Can't wait for the release, this is going to be beautful .

20. Felik

Felik

Usually when people say things like this about classic-esque Sonic fangames I respond like "Oh come on! This fangame is descent but classic are way better!" At least these were my thoughts after playing Sonic XG demo, Nexus demo (that one with Pristine Palisade) and numerous other fangames.
    This happen because either engine sucked at reproducing classic engine or graphics were bearable at most (or both).

But when I first time played that 3 level Sonic Classic demo I thought "Now THIS is my Classic Sonic game".
    Looking forward to play it.

Edit: But I still hate delays :colbert: