don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    That shit is common in any modding community.

Song is awesome and I laughed at Benny. How appropriate.

2. O rly? I chose that song because I find it fits the Robotnik stages really well. Kind of a futuristic awesome-yet-hopeless feeling it brings.

And Benny happens to be a charismatic cab driver, from Mars (and he's black).

I also changed Eggman's lines with the Robotnik from SA1. It's MUCH better on the ears. So was changing the Super Sonic music from the Sonic Heroes invincible to the SA1 theme of Super Sonic.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    As it should have been. I will never understand Sumo Digital's hard on for Sonic Heroes.

Try changing some of Shadow's lines with his SA2 counterpart. For example, instead of "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HOW COULD THIS BE?!" when he goes super, put his Chaos Control boss taunt "This is the ultimate power!"

...It also makes me wonder how the heck they went choosing voice clips for the characters, since it's obvious a good 80-90% are recycled... very poorly, I might add.

4. I crack up whenever Sonic says "Aren't you worried?" both because it's so unfitting and also because I know the original context.

5. Could you or someone else please get me that line? I have the game on a gamecube emulator, but I don't know when he says it. I also can't open up the game file to cleanly extract the line. However, since there's music happening when he says that in ASR, it would still be ok if I recorded it during actual gameplay. So if you can tell me at what point in the game he says that, I can probably manage. I think it was during the rematch on the bridge, but I'm not sure (I haven't played it in 5 years).

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Dolphin has full GC ISO file extracting, and the audio format is a very common format that has been cracked for year. Seeing as you said you have the ISO, and the emulator, you can do it yourself.

7. I think the lines for the GC game might be encrypted into some big file, like the lines and music in ASR. The only .adx files are the music tracks, and I'm not seeing anything that would be individual lines.

I guess I'll just play up to that point and record in-game. Does anybody else have any line-change requests? Because once I've changed that, I'll be done with it and uploading the audio.xpac file.

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

So you missed the 100mb EVENT_ADX_E.AFS? They aren't encrypted at all. They are .ahx files inside of an .afs. There's a few thousand lines inside of it. And just for you, here's the tools to unpack it into .wav files.

9. Thank you. I should have it done by tomorrow, and I'll put some more videos up then.

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Yeah, if they were going to recycle lines, I think they could've done better. Sonic and Shadow stand out as having some really bad ones ("Who are you, and how do you know my name?"...WHAT).

I also found it funny that Banjo and Kazooie, the unintelligible characters, seemed to have at least one new bit of audio.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Not bad at all! Might I recommend "Do you think you can beat me?!" for one of Robotnik's opening lines? Should be in his SA2 files.

What are your thoughts on also giving Super Shadow an instrumental of Live and Learn or his theme instead of the Chaos Control music?

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
  13. Thanks for the feedback!

I tried putting his line, "Do you think you can BEAT me?" there, but it didn't sound right. It just sounded like he was talking to a single person before doing combat. Right now I have him saying "This time, I can't lose." This would be easier to pick if Robotnik used more than one line for the start of the race.

I played through Live and Learn, and it sounded too heroic and Sonic-y. And the best part of "Throw It All Away" was used for the beginning of the Robotnik levels...

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Actually, this whole thing gets me wondering if we can do music patches to the Wii version. Brawl's been a good attempt, but I don't know if ASR on Wii has a similar exploit.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

All games on the Wii now have an exploit. http://rvlution.net/riiv/Main_Page

I can't remember if they put that audio into archives like the PC version or not. I checked the 360 demo and it does, and the Wii version had the same file-structure IIRC.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I do hate to bump such an old thread, but I felt like I had to tell somebody this. I was literally just playing the 360 version for the first time since...I want to say April. Anyway, I was playing as my Avatar on Icicle Valley, and ended up getting hit by a weapon. When I finished flashing, I was "inside" Amigo. All sound cut off (even system noises, like when you press the Dashboard button), and from there I went right through the cat enemies and rolling eggs as if they weren't even there. Anybody find this interesting? Has it happened to anyone else? Do people still care about ASR enough to talk about it?

Well, it's been nominated for a couple of Gamestop GOTY awards, so that may be worth bumping for if the above isn't.

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Did you manage to catch any video footage of it? I'm curious to know exactly what happened, and how/why it happened.

18. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Its a Shame sega just gave up supporting this game, it had great potential with new track and character DLC, but nothing after Metalsonic and that Deathegg stage :/

If nothing else, they probably coulda made a pretty penny off DLC tracks and characters, even if they were just reskins

Like Avatar-car = Amy Rose etc

I wanted Blaze this badly lol
    [​IMG]

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I didn't as I was just playing to play since it had been a while. I've been trying to recreate it, but it's pretty difficult to stay clipped inside a CPU racer long enough for the post-hit invulnerability to wear off. I think I may just turn on a second controller here in a minute and see if that'll work.

Also-
    You know, if I were just looking at the front/back shots of the car, I'd say it was built for Rouge.

EDIT: I'm dicking around in multiplayer and I can't recreate the glitch, you're just inside the other player until you separate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.