don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Derp, I missed all this audio goodness. The replaces are excellent. I ought to look for this game on PC, but I don't want to deal with Steam

2. If there is one thing I can say about this game though, is that I actually enjoyed it looking back, I finished all the challenges, and grand prixs and stuff, unlocked all the characters, tracks, songs, etc, and it was nice to see some old school SEGA characters again, once you get over the "SONIC DOESN'T NEED A CAR!!" thing, the game was actually decent and good, especially some of the track designs, they looked amazing on the PS3 and Xbox versions.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I agree (though I never had a problem with Sonic in a car in a spin-off game). Quite honestly ASR is my favorite racing game. I still need to buy the DLC sometime come to think of it.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I bought the pc version for £3.20 the other week on a d2d sale, after beating the 360 version it was nice to play the game at a solid 60fps, the game is starting to bore me a little now but that's mainly because I have played it so much lol, I did all the cups on the pc before calling it a day.

5. So we now have an arcade port of All-Stars Racing.

[​IMG]

Supposedly its like the console versions but with a few tweaks to work in the arcades.

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Holy shit. I didn't believe that rumor at all seeing as arcade are pretty much dead in the US. I'm really surprised it's real.

7. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    Cool stuff. Too bad I don't get cool stuff like that where I live, and that I have the game sitting on my shelf at home.

8. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    That's awesome.

Also, I just got the DLC for the game. My Gamertag is Solharath, for anyone who wants to play.

...I'm not likely to lose.

9. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    It should really never have been a rumour, but that's how we had to report it and therefore that's how the other sites did. We've had proof of the project for longer than you might think, and I'm really, really surprised that nobody else found it.

Also this is an all-Western development, a partnership between Sumo Digital and Sega Amusements Europe. For all the "arcades are dead lolz" you see out there, there is a Western arcade market and in recent years it's Western machines (and particularly American machines) that have been doing very well in that market. Whether games like Terminator Salvation and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift succeeding is a good thing, well, that's another issue entirely...

10. Wow, that's awesome. If I ever see a machine, I'm going to stick a 5 spot in it and have some fun.

11. I'd really like to see this in action for comparison's sake (what characters / tracks are in, etc.).

13. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Edit: No Online Play? What?

But seriously, they're really going to need to reconfigure a lot of stuff before they just throw the game in an arcade cabinet.

There's nothing that's holding the steering wheel in place, for one, so you can see the player scrolling through the menu items without realizing how to control the selector until the last second. Plus, you're not going to be able to see all the available characters or tracks unless you put all the icons on screen. If they're not going to draw up new material for the arcade version, they could at least add more time for the player to check out what's available.

I do kind of wish S0L would come back so we could voice our input, but I don't know...

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Er... have you actually played an arcade racer? I can't think of a single one that functions differently.

15. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Sega, could you add a update in the PS3/360/PC version to support Steering Wheels?

I really want this on my PS3.

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL

Well, my steering wheel works. :psyduck:

17. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    I only have the PS3 version, it does not work with my wheel as it should work, it works as normal joystick, with the buttons as Gas and Drift (the pedals does not work), and I have to turn the wheel 480 degree to turn the car :v:

Because it does not support my wheel, I thought it doesn't have support in all platforms. :argh:

18. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Trust me, they already have done and I'm sure they'll continue to do so after this location test/trade show run. I played a lot of SAE's last two home-to-arcade projects (Sega Rally 3 and GRID, the latter while still in development) and a lot of design work was put into how each game would function in an arcade setting.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Ah, something actually INTERESTING for the 3DS! I'm interested to see what Sumo brings to the table here (seeing as without the Ferrari license, there's no way they can do anything Outrun on the system, so what else COULD they do?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.