don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I can't be the only one that imagines an NFL highlight reel every time they hear the Time Eater theme.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I think the best last boss in a 3D Sonic game was the one in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The only other last bosses I enjoyed a lot in 3D Sonic games were the ones in Adventure 1 and Sonic Colors. Can't comment on Sonic 06's last boss and Sonic Unleashed's last boss as I've never played Sonic '06 and I've only beaten the Wii version of Unleashed.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    "In blizzard conditions, the Chicago Bears entered Lambeau Field preparing for war. Standing against them, their eternal rivals: the Green Bay Packers."

(footage of several rough snaps)"

etc.

4. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I'd say the final bosses in any Sonic have always been lacking. Sonic 1 was a room, Sonic 2 cheaped you out with no rings, Sonic 3 (alone) is pathetic if you can time the insta-shield, haven't beaten the & Knuckles portion yet, SA1 was really annoying with building up speed, SA2 was godawful with controls and hit detection, haven't beaten Heroes, Shadow was decent but nothing special, never played 06, never beat Secret Rings, never beat Unleashed (Wii version), Black Knight was pretty cool if not simple, Colors was really fun, and Generations, while I didn't find it that drawn out (he liked to stay close when I got near him), trying to control Sonic is a pain and getting enough rings to stay alive is completely random.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    But you can see the rings coming. I wouldn't call that random.

Besides, do people still not know that you get close to Time Eater by staying near the middle of the screen?

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I didn't know this until someone pointed it out. As a mechanic, it doesn't really make any sense nor is it something you'll realise in any way other than chance.

7. Captain L

Captain L

You cannot see the rings coming. They go by too fast, you move around too slow to catch them, and they blend into the background. Plus, you're too busy trying to actually fight to focus all your attention on finding the rings.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You're right. The background is too much of a clusterfuck of gold and purple to see any rings coming. Getting them is often dumb luck.

9. [Deleted post]

10. Falk

Falk

There's no logical basis for this nor do Sonic's awful friends help to clarify in that regard.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    No, but I figured word of mouth would've spread enough by now.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Now come on now. Sonic's friends give you very useful advice on when Robotnik releases a homing shot. Just like Robotnik is very helpful in indicating when it's time for a change of pace.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Really? I could have sworn hearing one of them saying that staying near the weak point lets you move in on the time eater much faster. Either that, or it is just so much easier to do that way that I tried to home in on the point anyway, but staying there gets you closer so much faster that it was hard to ignore anyway.

I assumed this was common knowledge.

14. Captain L

Captain L

The way I played the fight, I constantly held the boost button unless I needed to move around fast (wat), stayed near the middle because it offered the best maneuverability, and threw my partner when the homing attack indicator came up. Beat him on my...5th try, I think? I died about 4 times, closed the game, watched a full LP because I felt like it, turned the game back on, and got lucky with my next try when I got about 200 rings.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    First two times I had issues with the rings, then on my third try I realized the Time Eater always drops a clusterfuck of rings when hit and when you get teleported you always appear near a group of rings, from then it was easy to just time the boost so you would pull most of the rings to you.

16. Willie

Willie

So I was curious how much faster this game would run at 720p so I tried playing it at 1280 x 720 60Hz for once instead of 1080p. Regardless if I have it set to wide screen or letterbox, the picture is always letterboxed under 720p which is really annoying. I also tried the 720 x 480 60Hz setting and that was letterboxed as well which makes absolutely no sense since that isn't even 16:9. If anything, I expect bars on the side. What could be causing this and is there a way to fix this? I'm so glad I use a 1080p monitor and not some other resolution...

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    There's a 16:9 4:3 setting on the config tool, check how it's set up. It runs flawlessly on 720p here, and I too have a 1080p monitor.

18. Megalodon

Megalodon

Retro Grammar Sniper
    Hello Retro. I have a question.
    Has anyone had a problem with the skill shop being unresponsive to keyboard/controller input in the PC version? For some reason, I have to press the buttons about 10-15 times before I can access something or exit the shop.

19. Willie

Willie

My options for Display Mode are Widescreen and Letterbox. Regardless of what settings I have set for Display Mode, my picture is always letterboxed under the resolution setting 1280 x 720 60Hz.

Edit-

Changing my NVidia settings from "aspect ratio" to "full screen" fixed the problem.

20. Megalodon

Megalodon

Retro Grammar Sniper
    Don't know if this has been brought up..but...
    Sonic Generations 3DS Now Available on EU eShop

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/09/sonic-generations-3ds-now-available-on-eu-eshop/
    EDIT: I know this was on Monday Links, but this is specific to the European release.