don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I use "Live and Learn" for Time Eater. A tried and true basic.

2. gold lightning

gold lightning

Whenever I'm not using A New Venture on either the Time Eater or Perfect Chaos, I use Palmtree Panic.

When the beginning of the song goes "WHOOOO! YAAAAAAAAAY!", it's just perfect.

3. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I use Unstoppable - For Bonus Fight. :colbert:

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDY0kZhJ0Wg

Basically this song but a smidge more intense would make the perfect final boss fight for Sonic generations.

God would I have loved to see an orchestral version of GHZ as the final boss (I would have also like to have seen a new final boss... ya know fuck it, I'd have just like to have seen Doomsday remade with GHZ orchestral music)

5. Falk

Falk

WHY?

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So am I the only one who uses Right There Ride On for Time Eater?

(Then again I'm that crazy sumbitch who uses Sweet Mountain for the giant robot and Hydrocity for Perfect Chaos...and the Sonic 2 special stage for Egg Dragoon)

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The same reason that it, along with Mach ? - For Dream Dance Act 1, are in my exercise playlist.

8. Falk

Falk

For Time Eater though?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Time Eater's environment is a bit dark, but both songs have a certain epicness where, I agree and can even attest to at least Mach E, are excellent as exercise songs.

10. Jason

Jason

Also, the first half is Sweet Dreams. Ties with the title theme being a rearranged Sonic 2 theme pretty nicely.

11. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    While that remix is pretty awesome, the idea of having something as happy as Green Hill Zone as a final boss fight is really weird and nonsensical.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While that is true, GHZ is the closest you're going to get to something like the SMB theme. It's iconic and the song that basically started it all. If arranged the right way I think it's be a perfect final boss song.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Stop complaining because Richard Jacques' theme for time eater is already awesome for that fight (and better than all options you guys pointed out).

14. Falk

Falk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bajlW6JuSU

:colbert:

edit: post above nails it

15. Jason

Jason

Hey, I never said Jacques' theme was bad or unfitting. I'm just giving reasons why some of your works fit as well. Though I would've seriously dug some not-so-subtle insertion of ending themes a la Endless Mine in City Escape Classic in Time Eater's music.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Have to agree with this, honestly. Really can't see that fight played to anything else. =P

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I agree with this right here.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It made an already boring boss fight more boring. :specialed:

19. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Generations was fun and polished for what it was, but there was soooo much more they could have done with the concept. Time Eater is probably the shittiest final boss in 3D Sonic game though. Maybe Solaris because 2006, or Dark QTE. Honestly I don't think there have been that many decent boss fights lately.

20. Falk

Falk

The terrible bosses all have one thing in common - trying way too hard to be epic and losing the essence of the gameplay that made the rest of the game (potentially) fun. This also results in them being somewhat archaic and confusign a lot of the time.

The best boss in recent history for me probably has to be Colors. Or, hilariously enough, S4E2 - although I'm not saying S4E2 was an exceptional game by any stretch of imagination - put in that perspective, the final boss essentially expanded on the concepts introduced in the last zone and asked for better execution of what you've been doing the entire game - jumping over traps, etc.

edit: also if I may say so, the final final boss/zone/atc of After the Sequel. The STORY concept of the boss was unique, but it was essentially familiar gameplay, amped up.