don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This just gets better and better.

2. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    I'm so used to the PS3 version's massive slowdowns in Unleashed that I did not dare at first to press the play button on your videos. I was expecting to experience some serious headache again.

But, no. So that's how the stages were supposed to look like - nice work!

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well I was only referring to the ground in Mazuri. Does all of that affect the ground?

4. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    About the falling pillars that Dario mentioned on the Shamar video... What about using those faling buildings in Sky Sanctury? Recoloring the textures to a more yelowish color and that's it. :3

I'm mentioning that more for aesthetics than anything else, but you could also import some pillar geometry with havok physical engine, making it very heavy on it (if it's possible) and make it somehow fall (like beeing pushed by some other object, I dunno).

Also this is looking great, can't wait for this mod. :3

I wanna see Adabat... I always loved that stage (even though I got so mad at Unleashed that I destroyed the dvd before I was able to play it), and now seems that you guys have the foliage ok, so it will be a hell of a stage. :3

5. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I wrote a little batch process for exporting most breakable objects into 3D models with their respective internal names. This is gonna be really useful for recreating the HKX for the ObjectPhysics stuff. Only problem I have atm is that it looks like it has no materials... not sure what's up with it, but it's not Havok related as I tested the same on a Generations model.

The weight of the pieces can be changed so Sonic doesn't push them so easily around. It's still kinda neat though, and it'll bring a LOT of extra scenery to the game when it's working correctly. :) It's a bit trivial but it takes time to recreate all these files(I've got a folder of 390 object files ready to be messed with).

6. Looking good, though I can't wait to see it have materials, it looks so...burnt without anything :(

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    And now with more ice :specialed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7a5Tcy58Y

8. Looking good, can't wait to see more! :)

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Okay, so I'm trying to inject ENBSeries and I'm getting an error that reads:

Is there any way to circumvent this? I know if this little failsafe in Generations has was removed, I'd be able to fuck with ENB.

10. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

I tried running it with ENBSeries but it only resulted in the Sega FMV running at about 5 FPS and then freezing.

11. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    I'm using the injector and settings built for Skyrim, which one are you using?

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    I'm using the injector and settings built for Skyrim, which one are you using?

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I tried the ones for SADX (which themselves are based off the GTA:SA ones)

14. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    So, apparently I put equation as a value and it worked. Who knew? This puts me one step closer to turning the slide into the spin attack.

15. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    And here is that previously mentioned discovery put to a more practical use.

It still doesn't have quite enough 'oomph', but it's progress nonetheless. :v:

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Good work, Lobotomy. More spin-related attacks Modern Sonic has, the better. I understand that fixing Modern Sonic and adding Unleashed levels are good for learning how the game is built, but how long until Classic Sonic gets his turn to be tuned up, so to speak? Removing the scripted arcs, toning down the spin dash, etc? Is anyone working on that?

17. Well, as far as I remember, PolygonJim tried to do something with the scripted arcs, but found out that messing with them fucked things up.

As for toning down the spindash, I THINK I saw a video of that somewhere.... Let me check.

18. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
  19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Someone must release a pack where Modern Sonic is given a proper roll, classic Sonic is fixed, and both Super Sonic's are fixed (1 ring per second, classic super needs to be faster, modern super needs to not fly anymore and possibly have a bigger ring pull. Also faster too). The patch Sega will never deliver.

And as far as the scripted springs, could some of the scripted springs be replaced by scripted dash pads? That way springs (at least in classic levels) could be script free, and the ones that need it will just be dash pads (like the one in GHZ)

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Well, don't hold your breath, because I've sort of been trying to make literally all this happen for a while with moderate success. Most of your complaints I have already resolved, and I am going to release this as soon as I get all of my shit in a row.

Pretty relevant and also ????

I'm more or less working on it right now, as evidenced by the above.