don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Omega sounds like a cross between Gamma and a Cyberman.

Metal sounds like a Cyberman, final.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Omega is Vic Mignogna, As revealed in the colors thread.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    ...and three posts ago.

4. Eh, it's one of those times where it really doesn't matter who voices the character, their voice would be dolled up past the point of recognition.

5. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=528516:date=Nov 11 2010, 06:34 AM:name=::CMG (UTOPIA)::)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (::CMG (UTOPIA):: @ Nov 11 2010, 06:34 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In other news, Angry Joe hates this game, lol :P

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/11/son...s-angry-review/

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

That one person, sir, was Aquaslash. =P

6. In case anyone wants it, I took PolygonJim's music rips and tagged them to the best of my ability. I was bored. :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V91K5RXQ

Thanks again to PolygonJim, and here's hoping for an official release.

7. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Well, yeah the plot is horribly bad, but it goes into a one on one race with Metal Sonic. I can't be the only one who wants to go one on one with him again in a death race in a place similar to Stardust Speedway. In fact, that was the only thing I found cool there was the one on one race.

And yes, I do hate the plot of Sonic Heroes every bit as you do, sir, but I so dearly want to race (on foot!) one on one with the robot adversary again. Hopefully we'll get it again in a much better game sometime soon.

8. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Racing against Metal across an oscillating obstacle-sprinkled path to the death is cool. Racing against Metal on stupid hover boards through the same track three times and with the same kind of plot buildup as Sonic Heroes is fucking awful. RE-RE-READ-READY? GO~ to hell. Metal might as well have not been in the plot at all, he was clearly an afterthought.

I'd certainly like a much better game than this. In fact, let's hope we never see a Riders game again. Three strikes and you're out, SEGA. Focus on cutting the fat from your Sonic Colors, your Sonic Adventures, your Sonic Rushes, and your Sonic 4s for the time being and make better games out of those. Leave this futuristic garbage discarded.

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Make Sonic R 2 instead. :P

Then again, without Yasuhara, I don't think they'd be able to make all the varying branches of a stage work. Hell, Yasuhara's barely worked.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    If they get Richard Jacques back to do the music, it's a rough start.

It seemed like Sonic R would've worked better as a free roaming 3D platformer, not a designated racing game. In fact, screw racing games. The only one that looked fun was SEGA All Stars Racing.

Seems like it works better when Sonic and a few of his friends are resigned to cameo appearances in better racing games, like Outrun. Imagine Sonic having to drive Amy somewhere as fast as possible, only for you to fail in the expert mode after level 2 and have Amy pounding away at your face. With her hammer.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    No really, make a Sonic R 2.

Full on foot racing, except for Robotnik. Make everyone play like Sonic does in Colors / Unleashed (with their own stats on weight, accel and decel; and their own ability), and put them in tracks designed like Unleashed + All-Stars Racing.

:colbert:

12. So, anyone need the lyrics to Free? :P

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Sure, I'll take them for reference.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    This sounds quite pleasant.

15. Felik

Felik

And what will be an excuse for Sonic to be as fast as other characters on feet?

16. Most Sonic characters ARE capable of going Sonic's speed in one way or another.

As long as Sonic can't use Sonic Boost indefinitly (unless it is an attack!), they will be more than capable of keeping up.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    If you're wondering how they run so fast
    And other science facts
    Then repeat to yourself "It's just a game,
    I should really just relax"

"la la la"s optional

18. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Same reason Knuckles and Tails are as or nearly as fast as him in S3K.

You can only get up to full supersonic speed if there's
    NO ENEMIES
    NO OBSTACLES
    NO HEADWIND
    FINAL DESTINATION

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Eggman's made a device to steal Sonic's speed. God knows why he didn't do that sooner. Now he's offering it as a prize for winning a race. Which is kind of a glaring flaw in his plan, he should probably just keep it, however he's storing it.

There. Top level pre-colors Sonic game storytelling.

20. You know when I play Sonic Unleashed or Sonic Colors, you are right, all I can think is Sonic R 2. I want a sequel with that same lady singing romantic songs that has nothing to do with Sonic. All in 1080p. Beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.