don't click here

Sonic 1 + 2 Soundtrack Compilation announced

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spindash54, Jun 18, 2011.

1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Demo tapes plz!

I just wish Sega would release even unused music that were supposed to be in Sonic 1 and 2. Not just go the safe way and release the ones that the less important Sonic fans remember.

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    What makes you say there are unused tracks? Besides, it's not like the "less important fans" (lol) are going to be interested in the demos.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Technically unused, but technically in the game. I assume we were all smart enough to figure that out as soon as the game came out (I didn't know till 1995 when a friend and I were bored and we decided to go through every song in the sound test and me made up stories for each song. HPZ was known as the "Land of Shields"....it didn't take long after that to realize that I had never heard it in an actual level).

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I want to hear the sonic 1 tunes directly from whatever keyboards they composed on before being turned into megadrive bit music, if might not be too different but that is what I hope for, unused music or not.

6. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Very interested in this, almost more for the demo material than the 'officially released soundtracks' aspect.

Echoing everyone else, gimme an OVA soundtrack on top and I'll be able to die happy. Hmm, I should track down Mitsuhiro Tada's blog again...
    Edit: Found it. A quick glance reveals nothing of interest, far as I can tell.

Edit 2: Other than a link to his current official website.
    And linked on there is his apparent Twitter account. Yeesh!

So... who's up for some gentle stalking? :v:

7. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    This.

?
    Leave it to me. I've got the experience. :ssh:

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    So, any news on this? Did we even get a release date?

9. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I don't think so.

I've been keeping an eye on sega.jp and dctgarden's news feeds for any mention (as well as googling ????????????? 1&2 ?????????????) but no luck yet.

As for a release date, they said summer, so that's only about another month... I hope they don't cancel it or anything. I need this! =P

10. I'ts lame that it doesn't have all 2d Sonic music.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Bump.

I was searching around CD Japan and I found this:
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POCS-21032

Is this listing it? if it is, its coming out in 1 month 15 days!

12. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    So do we know anything about whether or not this is coming to iTunes?

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Not sure so far it seems to be a CD only thing. maybe after its out someone can check the japanese version of itunes and see if its up.

14. Considering its title is damn close, I'd say this is the item we're looking for. Time for some preorderin'.

Definitely adding this to my list of albums to buy, rip and share.

15. sonicthesnot

sonicthesnot

That would be awesome -- I ordered my copy today, but won't be able to listen to it until Thanksgiving (stupid apartment shipping rules -- need to have it shipped to my parents place). It would be great to hear it before then -- I don't think I can wait till Thanksgiving!

16. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

A CD packed with finished tracks and demos from the greatest musician ever to grace the Sonic franchise is 'lame'? Some people are never happy. :P

17. sonicthesnot

sonicthesnot

You must be mistaken. This CD is filled with the Sonic 1 & 2 tracks, not Michael Jackson's music.

18. Oh ho! Play nice, now. :P

19. Anyone know what happened to this compilation? I thought it was supposed to come out this summer. I was looking forward to it greatly.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator