don't click here

Sonic 1 + 2 Soundtrack Compilation announced

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spindash54, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I will pay so much fucking money for this thing. WOW. Completely out of left field.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I know some of you Sega type folks are seeing this.

I got an Andrew Jackson and an Alexander Hamilton with your names on it if this hits the U.S. somehow.

P.S. I don't know who you can talk to to somehow make an OVA Soundtrack happen, but you can bet that'd make so many people happy. That will also net you another Jackson and Hamilton from me... maybe a Franklin if I go for multiple copies. Just saying.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    All I've ever wanted was a Sonic OVA OST.

I would do many awkward things for one.

4. I honestly think that if there was a Sonic OVA soundtrack, the songs have been lost to time at this point.

I can't see this being ridiculously expensive, considering it'd be just a two-disc set with some extra stuff. $60 tops, minus shipping.

5. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    It's nice when companies acknowledge that fact that long time fans always are interested in any early versions of their products. I just hope we know a release date soon :D

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's like they're starting to do all the stuff they should have done before the Dreamcast was released.

I mean, first Classic Sonic figurines, merchandise in general, a last-gen 2D platformer, and now this. It's like everything I was looking forward to, in terms of Sonic, in the Mega Drive and Saturn years.

Now they just need to make a TV series based on the Man of the year short and I'll forgive them for burying Classic Sonic for so many years. =P

7. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    If they release the Sonic OVA soundtrack, I'll eat my Mario towel.

I'm so eager to hear the bonus tracks!

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I AM GEEKING THE FUCK OUT. Why are they doing cool Sonic things lately, it makes me suspicious.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why because it's his 20th birthday of course XD

However this sounds wonderful. Sonic 1 and 2 made with real instruments? Godly.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Definitely interested in buying this. I somehow don't see an EU release happening but I could live with a US one.

11. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    You Europeans are more likely to get it, given the popularity of the Mega Drive there. Plus there's Sega Europe's support, and the Summer of Sonic events taking place there too.

12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Do want! :3 Seriously, I need to set aside some money for this. I can't wait to hear the demo tracks. <3

13. sonicthesnot

sonicthesnot

If this isn't released in the USA, how would one go about getting a copy? Would SEGA ship internationally to the US? How does importing soundtracks generally work?

I'm definitely going to pick up a copy, and am willing to pay good $$ for it. I'm hoping this isn't one of those situations where 500 copies of something is released in Japan only and becomes impossible to find (even through "alternative means") in the US.

14. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Um, you import from a site like Amazon or Playasia.

Be aware of bootlegs they're a big problem when importing from Asian countries. If the record label is Ever Anime, Miya Records, or K-O Records... Then it's a bootleg.

Good/Bad Seller List

You can check the Catalog number in VGMDB to see if you got the real deal or ripped off.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I know I'm not the one who asked, but thank you for posting this link. Heck, if I had this a few months back I could have easily avoided winding up with a Planetary Pieces bootleg, animecast is right on that list.

This will be really helpful. :)

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Welp. I am buying this without a second thought.

17. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Maybe for the 50th anniversary they'll sell the unreleased Michael Jackson tracks from Sonic 3.

18. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
  19. dsrb

dsrb

Autotranslation never fails to amuse:
    What I deduce from this is that Sega reflected smugly upon their successful employment of musical mind-control to render us into compliant consumer-apes. :specialed:

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Although thats hilarious, we really need a proper translation. anybody want to step up?