don't click here

Naka Interview answers many questions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Keith Hemari, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Agreed. Besides, why would you want to use a different language? C'mon, it's the 68000. No language is more beautiful to mine eyes than 68000 assembly.

2. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Wow. I leave for two days, and one of the biggest things in the community's history happens. Man, I am so happy to be a part of this community. :(

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Hey, I never denied being an idiot. But naka did say in the interview that he was glad to see such dedication in the community.

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    They all do that. G. W. Bush says stuff too, to get people to turn themselves in.

LIsten I don't want a fight and call people idiots, so I am gonna stop it here. I just want people to think twice before they hug Naka-san. He has Ferarri's and stuff, thanks to your money in the past, but he will never let you borrow it. So why would he let you borrow his Sonic code? He's all for the money, and you are only good when you pay him.

5. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    As said before, Naka, like everyone else, says what people want to hear. He might say that he is glad we are dedicated to be so involved with his work, but he could really mean that he wants to tear us apart with his bare hands for doing so.

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    68000 assembly has this flat assembly syntax. But it is mostly dead now! It may be beautiful, but not effective. At 8 MHz speeds, it may win over othat processors, but most of you guys like it because it is simple. Simple means slower. My first programming language was Qbasic, ans sure it was simple, and by that beautiful in its own way. But I didn't stop there, because it was slow as hell! I only learned 68000 assembly because Sonic uses it, and I like to know all about the engine. But I will not go that far as you guys, by not going far at all. You are settle with 68000. You begin and end at the same time.
    I must agree, it is beautiful though.

7. Aurochs

Aurochs

I'm slowly learning other assembly languages - most notably Z80 (I've almost got the instruction set down) and x86. The only HLLs I would contemplate learning are Pascal descendents - curly-brace languages are just too weird for me.

8. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
    My take on reading this whole thread and the interview is that Naka does not seem to want to put an end to the Sonic community. I understood him to say that he is pleased that so many people are devoted to Sonic.

It appears as though he has obtained the Sonic 2 Beta ROM, based on previous discussion in the other thread, and he is happy to have it rather than flashing the evil, greedy eye, aiming to put an end to us.

I, for one, believe that something should be done to contact Sega and provide them with the knowledge that we have. If we can give them good information and good reasoning, Sega may easily work with us.

Yes, talking to Sega about ROMs, emulation, and hacking seems strange and foolish, but Sega, as far as I know, has not made any bold statements against it as Nintendo did. I am convinced that if anything, a little friendly chat between the Sonic Community and Sega could take place.

I think a vote should be taken between the Tech Members, seeing as they know the most about these ROMs than any of us, as to whether or not we should contact Sega. If we do, this could potentially be the biggest thing to happen since the beta ROM was leaked.

This is a very interesting situation and I hope that it is used to the benefit of the Sonic Community.

-ComPro

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    ComPro, I can see you are an American. 50% of the Americans believe what they hear. That's why Bush is your leader.

EDIT: I like Canada since they care about their people, and Simon Wai is cute. *shot*

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I once looked at some Z80 instructions. That's all really. I really don't like 8 bit CPUs. It doesn't have space for bigger calculations.

68000 has 32 bit registers, but is a 16 bit CPU. It is great to have 32 bit to play with, but the speed....

I am a C programmer by default. x86 assembler is my second choice. 68000 is my third choice. Basic of any kind comes last, but I never touch it anymore.

11. ComPro

ComPro

I'm wrong because I'm American? Whatever...political/national crap aside, let's try to be optimistic here. I'm not saying "e-mail Sega and tell them everything we know", I'm just saying that exchanging a few messages won't hurt anything.

This could be a great situation. There's no need to let it slip away.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    No, but you believe stuff that comes out of people mouth. That can be hurtful in the end.

Oh, and when did Sega care about us?

Naka: Hey fans!
    ComPro: Sega is now the good guys! Let us exchange stuff we don't own that is illegal! Great situation ahead!

13. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I bet Naka is a three headed paedophile beast that sucks the souls out of his fans for orgasms.

14. ComPro

ComPro

The question is when did Sega not care about its fans? If they wanted to, they could have shut us down a long time ago. It doesn't take much on Google to pull up S2B or any hacking or ROM page.

I didn't post originally just to have the topic taken off course. I just threw in my two cents. There is no need for mockery and ridicule.

Once again, I will say that there is nothing wrong with a little optimism.

15. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I'd rather be realistic than optimisic or pessimistic.

Realistically, Naka uses eye lasers to shoot his workers in the balls to make them work faster.

KOREAN ANIMATION STUDIO, WE ARE SLAVES.

16. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Sonic Heroes. Sonic Battle. Sonic Advance 3. Shadow the Hedgehog.

Need I go on?

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=4061

And play some Sonic Heroes, but don't forget to pay the full price. That way you will get the feel of getting ripped off. Something you miss today.

Well, enough of this. I am going to bed.

18. Aurochs

Aurochs

Kinda like this?
    [​IMG]
    Steve Ballmer fucking killing Google with his fabled fucking eye-rays?, acquired by Bill Gates' fucking bazillions

19. ComPro

ComPro

Now I remember why I left S2B for about six months. Every thread turns into some mockery and picture flame war. I don't want this thread to get off topic, so I would really appreciate it if an administrator could split all of this away from the topic.

I mean no disrespect to anyone or the site. I thought I had the right to express my opinion without being mocked and having the entire topic take a left turn.

I think I will once again become an occasional browser until the situation arises yet again where I feel like I can post my two cents worth of information.

Once again, if an administrator could please trim the fat from this topic, that would be greatly appreciated. I know it's not my topic, but it's not fair to everyone to have this garbage here.

Thanks,
    ComPro

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sega isn't all that bad. Having talked to Naoya Tsurumi, I can say they are actually quite friendly.

If they really did not care, they could have said some thing like "do not contact me at this email address" or simply not send me a reply. The only jerk I met at Sega is Bret Blount.

Sonic Team is not Sega, they are only a team of people that work for Sega.

Lost....your being weird.