don't click here

Naka Interview answers many questions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Keith Hemari, Oct 1, 2005.

1. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    I'm guessing that the Hidden Palace Zone prototype area should be updated also and add this new information.

2. Why don?t we email Naka and ask for an interview or even just ask "What was the block meant to do" so we can really know, also ask him how he feels working along side us I mean he did say he wasn?t to bothered by us hacking the ROMs as longs its not in a harmful way towards SEGA/Sonic Team, I mean he can only say yes or no.

3. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    mmm... I'm starting to doubt of the solidity of this interview, because if Naka really wants the code, or want know about our community (even it is for shut it down...) , he probably would ask to "GameSpy" a URL. He have not done that.

And also, why "GameSpy" would ask about Sonic 2? and another very doubtable thing:

Naka driving a FERRARI?! ROFL!

4. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Your bullshit meter is a bit oversensitive.

Perhaps he did ask for a URL, and that question didn't get printed. Perhaps he just didn't care enough to get a URL from the interviewer. Perhaps the interviewer didn't know.

They asked about Sonic 2 because Naka led the interview in that direction.

I thought it was common knowledge that Naka drives a Ferrari. I remember one interview in which he admitted to losing one in a warehouse. (Don't remember where that is, though...)

5. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    It's not an impossibility. I'd imagine that Naka could certainly afford a Ferrari.

*previews post and notices Aurochs posted*

Yeah. What he said. Anyway, that was an interesting interview. I wish I could make a post that would reflect that, but I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said.

6. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    GameSpy is a site who talks about 3D games, Portrait games, and the new games. Talking about a 13 years old game is very strange in a site like GameSpy, and more, its misteries, because the new generation don't give a shit about it.

[EDIT] And don't think it is true, just because it is in GameSpy. They born free to lie, or say the truth. I believe it is fake, but you can have your own beliefs.

7. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    ero-Chan, aka the old GHZ forumer who actually works for gamespy and did the interview, posted on the Moogle Cavern forums about her interview with Naka:

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Ya know, we could still always send them the source and they wouldn't have to invest any money or time in to getting it themselves. :P

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You have been choosen to deliver the source package directly to Sega. That will wait for you ready to put you away.

1) They will get the source.

2) You will get what you want. Including being a hero.

3) You will go away for both violating Sega's copyright, and IDApro's license.

4) We will never be able to use the source again. Sega will never use it like ero-Chan (the Naka interviewer) said. Everything ends here.

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Someone's being a Negitive Nancy.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    1. True.
    2. First part true.
    3. I didn't create the dissassembly, now did I? :P
    4. Naka said they didn't have the source, so it is no wonder they haven't used it. If they did, they might.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    In respect for the people who put months of work on the disassemblies, I would care a little bit more than that.

But Sega won't. And the people who made IDA won't either. You did commit a crime by allowing it, and distribute it. They bring you down. And personally, that would be something to laugh about.

Nemesis and Hivebrain will be exposed, since their names are everywhere. They will go down sooner or later anyway depending on your actions. But you are willing to take the lead, and that is just plain stupid.

13. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    DataRescue doesn't tend to go after pirate users, preferring to attack the distributers instead, and they're hardly litigious. I don't know if Sega even has a case with this one, to speak nothing of their inclination to drag anyone to court over a disassembly.

14. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I still say there needs to be some sort of dialogue between us and Sega. We both have a something to offer each other (us with our indepth knowledge of the MD games, and Sega with whatever stuff they might have left, even if it's not much).

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    When did I say I am willing to do it? I said we could.

16. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You are willing to take the risk?

Then again, what have we to gain from it? If Sega want it; Sega get it. It is the global public Internet.

17. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    You don't understand the concept of an NDA. I deal with them all the time IRL. How it works is:

Man A has unprotected idea/invention. He wants to take it places to see if he can get them to mass produce it, and for how big a royalty. Because it's unprotected, however, he has the specific people he's chosen to let see it sign an agreement that states they won't steal his intellectual property. If the man chooses, he can tell anyone he wants... just because he's had people sign an NDA doesn't mean he can't talk about it. He owns it.

It would work the same way if Naka had, say, H sign an NDA. Naka and/or his associates own the information (betas, concept art, w/e) and can show it to anyone whenever they want. Because SEGA doesn't want someone not under them releasing whatever information, they have any freelancers or such coming in to do work sign an NDA. This way, no matter who they let see it, they are the only ones who can make it available.

Understand?

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    SEGA doesn't need us for anything. Also, Naka tends to say what the fans want to hear, which might differ from reality as we've seen in the past.

19. Levy

Levy

I'm not sure, but I don't think Naka wrote Sonic in assembly. My brother, who does computer programming, says that they make their own language, so the source that they lost is probably written in that language, not assembly.

20. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Wrong-o. The assembly is far too optimised to be written in anything but blunt assembly.