don't click here

Mr. Needlemouse

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MKAmeX, May 10, 2008.

1. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
  2. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    If you're going to include things like that from the concept sketches, Mr. Needlemouse will be the most awesome hack, ever.

3. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Well my goal is to make EVERYTHING based off the bit of concept stuff we have. Anything else is just for added fun.

That pic above also has the rolling concept I used in the hack too. =P

4. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    SLZ is transforming. I don't know if this palette works with this or not (may or may not have anything to do with being color blind. =P), so criticism is very much welcomed.

[​IMG]

Everything except the lights and the lower floor is based off the concept art. (obviously.)

5. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Not too enthusiastic about the ground he's standing on being gray, and the background hills seem to have too much of a slope as opposed to the concept art. Otherwise, not too shabby...just keep at it.

6. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Its interesting, but it does not flow with the art style of the sprites.

7. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I'm not too fond of the sky colour there. It looks a bit too bright/vivid in contrast to the mountains and the foreground. Maybe you could try toning it down a little and see how that works?
    Also, this might just be me, but I think it might also work if you work in some fading to a dark blue towards the top, to create a more twilit effect.

And I <3 that sprite.

8. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    [​IMG]

I'm not the best pixel artist but if you could do something like this, I think it'd make the level look a lot better.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
  10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Never noticed the shading on the side of it. It looks better with it.

12. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    That looks great, thanks. I was trying to figure out how to get that effect, but I didn't know which colors to use as I'm not sure what's staying, but green is a part of it, so I suppose it works. :thumbsup:

Also, it should match the sprite style when it's done.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Agreed. The hills you have almost seem to be mountains in the type of point Carnival Night has (rather zig zag-ish), while the hills in the concept art are smoother, wavier, and less of mountains. But I think for the future, the bottom should have more detail, instead of being just a black pit, unless you already have something planned. I suggest something Marble Garden(ish) as the concept art includes temples, and the sky you're using reminds me of the "sunset" that MGZ uses after the (Sonic/Tails) boss fight.

14. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    <!--quoteo(post=202956:date=Jun 26 2008, 09:15 PM:name=Sparks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparks @ Jun 26 2008, 09:15 PM) [​IMG]

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, it might be possible to somehow port the final boss from Ghouls 'n' Ghosts... or not. =|

16. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    That would be quite awesome if it's possible. =P I don't have any idea how to do that. I might look into it some time, but for now it's WAY too much for me.

17. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I hope you don't give up on the hack, it looks pretty humorous. How about releasing a 1 level demo?

18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Yes this is turning into a lol-hack. Not my style but you rule at spriting nevertheless.

19. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    I was thinking of actually releasing a demo pretty soon. I've basically been playing with SonED2 and learning some ASM.

Marble zone isn't done yet, obviously, but it's gonna be snow based. I'm trying to give it a different feel than it has in the original.
    [​IMG]

Not much new about this one, other than me turning the foreground art into boxes, perhaps a glass zone.
    [​IMG]

So yeah, haven't done much, but I'm not giving up on it. :rolleyes:

Edit:

I forgot to add this one. =P

[​IMG]

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Oh Madonna, you card~

Loving the looks of those mountains on the GHZ shot, and that box concept is rather interesting. Do you plan on somehow remaking the original background for Labyrinth Zone, or are you changing the feel entirely?

Nonetheless, very cool stuff! :rolleyes: