don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    ^ I actually wouldn't mind this as well.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

A Sonic 3 style sheet would be useful in other projects that I have involvement with due to using less colors than the Sonic 1/2 rendition so I may give it a try anyway.

By the way here is a redo using less pinks. Any better?:

[​IMG]

3. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    One of the key things about S3K's sprite style IMO was the massive hands and eyes - the feeling's here but not quite, if that makes sense.

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This any better?:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanx to Aquaslash who made some refinements to pallettes and details on the sprite as well.

I'm mixed about the proportioning for this. It does look more authentic, but it also looks more like it was edited straight off Sonic's sprites. I kinda liked how her CD sprites made her look a bit more feminine and innocent to differenciate her from Sonic.

By the way, how many objects use Sonic's orange shades in Sonic 3, I know I'd have to edit Tails and Eggman in places like I did in Sonic 2, but if I can take out so much as one I can keep both greens for Amy.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Yeah, I don't really like that sprite too much. In the original poses for S3K Amy you have up there, it seems like her head is pointing out a bit too much. Let her neck relax.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Something more like this?
    [​IMG]

Although these weren't bad...

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I agree, those weren't bad. If only the 3rd sprite had the head a bit more backwards (like Sparks said) I think it would look much better, or maybe I'm just being nitpicky again but right now she is facing sideways, probably making look her at the front like Sonic does would solve the problem...

8. dsrb

dsrb

Er, not really; I think you just shrunk the head rather than moving it, and now it looks too small.

Sure, they look considerably better IMO—but again, the head is too far forward (at least in the middle one, which is the one that was being discussed).

Edit: That said, her spikes may be a bit too long, at least if that fourth sprite is anything to go by.

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    [​IMG]

this is more or less what I mean :v:

EDIT: ok, I went and changed the face as I suggested, dunno if it's of any help or not, but oh well...

[​IMG]

while is not exact the same as Sonic she is not facing sideways anymore. Hope this helps ^^;;

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

How about this?:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited the eyes and details a little to make look more docile like her original sprites. Also added to her chest so her head doesn't look so far forward.

The reason she's stretched forward is because that's how her CD sprites have her. She looks a bit stout placed backward. How does this look to you?:

[​IMG]

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Personally I'm liking this (in terms of head position) best. Feels the most natural. I always assumed her head was sticking out a bit in the CD poses because she was "looking for Sonic" or something.

12. dsrb

dsrb

Better than the previous version thereof, but not as good as your other set (and its edit by FV) if you ask me - why the change from that, anyway? Just wondering.

13. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    I have to agree that this set is the best one, as far as head position goes. Maybe the middle pose could have her head one pixel over to the right, but no more.

This one is also better. But now that Sparks mentioned it, I can help but imagine she is desperately seeking something.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...I actually like that. She might be looking for rings and stuff.

Perhaps you could even animate her head so it's made more obvious.

15. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    She's looking for Sonic, duh :3c

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Someone noted the distinctive large hands and eyes on Sonic 3 sprites so I tried to edit it accordingly.

I'll give a shot altering the angle a little:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess it works but to me she looks even more like a rip off of Sonic's sprites.

17. dsrb

dsrb

IMHO the original set (upper, dark blue background) is far better. The middle sprite now looks great—as opposed to the still-protruding head in the second (lone) sprite, which, no offence, looks damn creepy!

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I agree with dsrb, that looks much better now and I don't think it looks like a Sonic rip off altogether, is just more or less drawn in the S3K style and at least the head is not leaning forward anymore

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

For some reason I think the peering head works better, since it was how the original sprites were and it makes her sprite a little less tiny looking compared to the other characters. The normal pose I suppose looks more natural but it seems more stout to me.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    How about doing something like this, then?
    [​IMG]