don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx. :D

It IS Cream. Good old 'tastes like diabetes' Cream.

Yep I knew you and a few others wanted her so ta da.

By the way how do you think the pallette should work. Should I keep the floresant pink or have her flash white with her normal scheme like Knux and Tails' super forms?

Sorry about that, I wasn't quite sure which direction to go. As you said the Tails VRAM location is an anomoly and I don't yet have the skill to program in a whole new object. My best attempt was try and take down Amy's tile number, which toned down the problem a little.

I could take a look at it when I have some free time. I would like you to keep trying at it though.

Perhaps if character hacking was too tedius for you, you could try some level edits. You seem just as skilled with scenery art and it would interesting to see what structures you could make.

2. This is one of the coolest hacks ever made. Great job! :)

I like how Super Amy is like in the game right now...the flashing white seems to fit.

A few questions:

1) If you get Cream in, will she get a Super form? And, will she be able to fly, unlike Tails in Sonic 2?

2) If you continue this little Amy hack series will you put Cream in Sonic 3 as well? If so, what about Knuckles? Will you replace him with Big?(lol he could climb onto the walls with a fishing hook or something) I'd just find it hilarious seeing Big throw bombs etc. and fight you in Hidden Palace just like Knuckles. xD

3) If not in Sonic 2, if you do Sonic 3 with Cream in it will she be able to carry Amy?

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Well, unless you want to do as much as possible yourself, I'd do it with joy. =)
    All I'll need is the art file with the hearts and maybe the palette (though the easiest way would be the entire disassembly, of course).

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx Mighty. ;D

1. Not sure how to program a super form in. Might try porting a fly move from Sonic 3 if I get ambitious enough with it though.

2. Not sure if I'll go as far as Sonic 3 just yet. I suppose it would make for a complete set, then again it would be much more complex and I'm already helping Hayate with his Amy hack. I do have other plans for Cream however...

[​IMG]

3. I don't even know how to implement the basic fly move yet, let alone all it's excess capabilities (truthfully think implementing fly in Sonic 2 would do for a good tutorial, a Sonic 2 equivelant to importing Spin Dash in Sonic 1).

Well if you want to give it a shot. Thanx. :D

Trying to say I did this project by myself as it is would be bull anyway (you're already credited on the wiki page with a good few others).

I can send you the disassembly if you want.

5. I know that the person who made Tails in Sonic 1 was able to get Tails to fly in Sonic 1. If he's around he could possibly help out with figuring that out.

A Sonic 1 Cream hack? That would be awesome! :eng101:

6. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    That guy PORTED the elements of Sonic 2 to Sonic 3. Try again?

7. Sorry, my bad. I'll edit my post.

8. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Actually if this were to go to Sonic 3 I can more easily picture Blaze doing the bomb throwing...or fireball throwing. Big would be awesome though XD Loving this hack and can't wait to see it progress more :3

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I think people are planning a little far ahead. I haven't even got Cream in Sonic 2 yet, let alone made all the sprite sheets necessary for Sonic 3. I was actually wondering whether to just do as Hayate done and add Amy as an extra in an 'as is' character roster.

10. Since we're all fantasizing. VECTOR! VECTOR! VECTOR! :)

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well I was going to save it till it was a bit more complete but since you ask:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zll9yv

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Is there no end to the massive amounts of win you produce? XD

13. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I've been wanting this for quite a while. Thank you.

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx fellas. :D

May be one day far in the future.

*head swells to enormous size*

It's far from finished however.

15. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I officially love you :v: Always wanted to play as Vector in classics. =3 You even added the Aerial attack!

When I was hacking Sonic Gaiden I tried to add Vector, but failed miserably. =P

Maybe I try it again some day...

16. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Thank you for forcing me to beat Sonic 1 with all emeralds again. Vector desperately needs his spinning cycle fixed (1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 5, 4, 5, loop and not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, loop). Apart from that, good stuff. Vertical elbow thrust underwater completely breaks the game.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

"Should we get married then?"

Might be worth a shot. Then again I'll give credit to anyone who hacks in Charmy, he's about the only Chaotix member not put into a hack.

Thanx. I'm trying to put in the diagonal thrust attacks as well but it's proving a bit more complex.

I haven't changed the spinning animation from what the original program used.

Bet you were kinda disappointed when you got to the ending though (need to finish off the sprites).

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I was aware of this.

Not really. The good ending actually makes some degree of "sense". Green Sonic releases the Chaos Emeralds into the air, there's a flash of light and he returns to his original blue color. Sonic happily jumps out towards the player, thanking him/her for having lifted his curse.

Or you could actually keep working on it and make a bunch of custom sprites to fill in the ridiculous amount of gaps. Your call. :v:

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well I did say it was unfinished. I only uploaded this proto here because someone directly asked about a Vector hack (though I admit I also just love to show off, people over at the IRC will know that).

This version was made with the already made sprites used in Chaotix. I have yet to make the sprites needed specially for Sonic 1 (though it seems odd that Chaotix didn't even have pushing sprites).

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Apparently there was an update to this some time ago. Now while I'm just as slow as ever, I'll take this time to remind folks that while these threads may lock due to inactivity, all it takes is a friendly PM to your local moderator to get them open again :)