Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Project Needlemouse: old threads - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 198 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Project Needlemouse: old threads Three speculation threads merged together!

#1816 User is offline OSM 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

• retro is for losers!
  • Project:Doing absolutely nothing
  • Wiki edits:2
Still crossing my fingers for a leak before then.

#1817 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

• Wiki edits:6
As much as I would love it if information was leaked, I kind of don't want it to happen. Sonic games nowadays are always leaked one way or another; Shadow had images put online when they were supposed to be exclusive to an unreleased magazine; 06 had the entire script and then some leaked and Rush Adventure, Chronicles and Classic Collection were unofficially announced through trademarks. Needlemouse has done well so far.

#1818 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (OSM @ Dec 13 2009, 04:47 AM)
Still crossing my fingers for a leak before then.

If anything, magazine scans will go up before the issue is out on shelves.

#1819 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
The VGA's sucked, first time I ever bothered to watch them.
What was the point of those half-dressed women? psyduck.png Whoever said the show was very testosterone based earlier in the thread was right.

That, and from the hour or so I bothered to watch, Nintendo was barely touched upon. Now, I am not a Nintendo fanboy, but it's kinda disheartening to see the main attention go to every Shooter title they could find that's coming out. Nintendo wins were in the pre-commercial break "ALSO WINNERS OF ___ CATEGORY ARE" section.
Ah well, that's just me I guess, no one forced me to watch. (Thankfully)

QUOTE (Blue Emerald @ Dec 11 2009, 06:45 PM)
"The Rightful King Shall Return?: Sega has been teasing a game codenamed Project Needlemouse, which may or may not be a new 2D Sonic. Tune in next issue."

What really bugs me about this quote is the "which may or may not be a new 2D Sonic." bit.
It was clearly stated in the trailer it was 2D, what's the deal here? psyduck.png
This post has been edited by Mykonos: 13 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

#1820 User is offline Clutch 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:34 AM

• It was a dark and stormy night...
  • Project:making all his nowhere plans for nobody.
  • Wiki edits:1
Probably just the magazine screwing around with its readers. They probably know full well it's supposed to be a 2D Sonic game, but want to make people speculate.
This post has been edited by Clutch: 13 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

#1821 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
  • Project:Super Mario Bros. - Version 2.0
  • Wiki edits:4
I think it has less to do with it being a 2D Sonic, and more to do with it being a new Sonic game. I think OXM's statement was probably based on those speculations about PN being an HD remake of the Genesis games, of which I'm sure (and I hope) won't be the case.
This post has been edited by Blue Emerald: 13 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

#1822 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
*sigh* Well, this really sucks.

Just got the Jan. '10 issue of OXM, and I couldn't find anything about Project Needlemouse. sad.png Just peachy.

Well, I guess we've always got the Feb. '10 issue to look forward to. Maybe Sega just wasn't ready to spill information until it was officially 2010. Which means there's still less than a month left for us to expect new information. Just don't expect to find any info in the January issue of OXM.

Sorry about this, everyone. I guess Sega's gonna make us all wait a little bit longer. Which could be good thing, if you think about it. This could possibly be one of Sega's best-kept secrets in a long time, which could make Needlemouse even better than we might have imagined.

Just gotta wait 'til January, I guess. In the meantime, everybody send angry letters to OXM!
This post has been edited by Blue Emerald: 13 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

#1823 User is offline NintendoBrad 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

That's alright. I guess it's good that SEGA is being so secretive with this game. I'll admit it's annoying how long it's been without any new info, but I'm okay with waiting.

#1824 User is offline Power Hedgehog 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

• Project:Sonic GEDA
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (NintendoBrad @ Dec 13 2009, 04:11 PM)
That's alright. I guess it's good that SEGA is being so secretive with this game. I'll admit it's annoying how long it's been without any new info, but I'm okay with waiting.

Yeah, it'll prevent people from bashing at some screens, without even knowing enough about the actual game itself.

#1825 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Blue Emerald @ Dec 13 2009, 01:56 PM)
This could possibly be one of Sega's best-kept secrets in a long time, which could make Needlemouse even better than we might have imagined.

If it was a secret we wouldn't even know of its existence. I don't understand how them being hush hush about it also increases the quality of the game.

#1826 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
QUOTE (Chimpo @ Dec 13 2009, 05:02 PM)
If it was a secret we wouldn't even know of its existence. I don't understand how them being hush hush about it also increases the quality of the game.

The way I see it, Sega might be taking this project far more seriously than the Sonic games they've done in the past few years. This means that not only have they been stepping up the security of this game's information, but they may also be stepping up the overall quality of the game-- they might actually be striving toward designing a Sonic game that truly looks (I don't mean with pixels), feels, and plays like the classics. Thus, Sega must feel that this project is so important to them that they're going to wait to surprise the fans when they feel the time is right, and no sooner.

This makes me hopeful, because if Sega truly does have such a mindset, it means this game might end up being a true gem after all.

#1827 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

#1828 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
For what it's worth I don't get it either.

#1829 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
So wait, they hide what's good and show off what's terrible?

Shouldn't it be the opposite? psyduck.png

#1830 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
*sigh* tl,dr; Sega's getting superstitious over releasing info on a Sonic game too soon.

And yeah, I get that "dizzying intellect" thing a lot. Of course, I might just be unconsciously trying to make up for getting everyone's hopes up over nothing.
This post has been edited by Blue Emerald: 13 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

• 198 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users