don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I noticed that, and was thinking "wow, I bet someone persuaded him to pick Crisis City instead." Thank God for that, since we already saw and heard Modern at roughly his skill level. Crisis City was just... Shit son, the only thing left from the original is this version's intro. That's IT.

Word to the wise: that's a good thing. A really good thing. As is the level design on this stage. Fucking A it's awesome. and dat remix.

2. ancara

ancara

Those platforms being risen, lowered and held still by the lava......

I'm prob. guessing, but methinks that they might have taken the lava causing platforms to rise and lower from Marble Zone......afaik.

Just what I can see.

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Yeah, I don't get it. He was fucking up royally on the Amy challenge stage and got an A. It's not that big of a deal in the long run, especially since there's so much content, but it'd be nice to see some SA2 level challenge for the rankings again.

4. corneliab

corneliab

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was actually a rank beyond S this time? Not saying there is, surely that would've showed up inside the demo lol

5. Bostwick

Bostwick

Aaron said that all you have to do is get an A rank without dying and it'll become an S rank, so I'm not totally surprised.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    [​IMG]

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    That's not Smokin' Sick Style.

8. Leo

Leo

that's exaclty what I've been doing since the escape from the city stuff appeared

9. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't want to watch any full levels besides Green Hill Zone or City Escape, I've seen plenty of those. Other than like, side challenge stuff, I want to leave as much of the game as fresh as possible.

10. Crisis City actually looks pretty difficult.

I look forward to dying many times!

11. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

HOLY SHIT THAT CRISIS CITY MUSIC.

I cannot wait to hear it. <3

Also, didn't Iizuka say something about the Chaos Emeralds wouldn't be a plot device in the HD version? Unless I miss-read.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Watching low quality vids on my tiny computer screen is nothing like playing them on my 27" TV screen. Even so, spoiling is a must for me, so that I don't build up unrealistic expectations and then be pissed off when they're not met. That's how I ended up hating Sonic Battle.

13. Vandelay

Vandelay

Say Vandelay!
    I REALLY hope that in one of Modern's Crisis City missions, he is being chased by a tornado that is carrying a car.

14. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Actually guys...

If you look at the VERY end of Crisis City, as Sonic's posing for getting an S rank, look at the top right of the screen. You'll see he got a trophy.

I can't EXACTLY make out the size, but... It looks like that trophy image IS "look both ways," and he was playing basic Crisis City. Wonder what he did exactly.

Oh well, 5 more days ;-;

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    First thing I thought of honest to god:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiC6RHVFARQ

Right over on the X!

16. This is juuuusssstttt about the time I stop looking at videos and pictures (thanks to all those who use spoiler tags). I'm riding the HYPE train now guys! November 4th is going to be a great day indeed.

17. I bought the PC version so I'm already getting this game later than the people who bought the console version. Out of interest of not spoiling anything for myself I'm going to limit myself to watching the opening cutscene and nothing more.

I watched a ton of the Colours livestream a year ago and ruined some of it for myself. I didn't really regret it but I think this time I'd rather be surprised for a change.

18. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Man... Why did I have to be cheap and get free shipping? I gotta wait an extra week or so for it to get here. Just makes it that much harder for me to avoid spoilers, but that's what I get when I nabbed that "get Generations PS3 for $37" deal.

Edit: Disregard that, I suck cocks for not knowing that if I ordered something before I started the prime trial, I can change the shipping to use prime-related deals, ie: 2-day shipping. Man, what a great way to spend a Friday afternoon when I'm done with classes! I'll be hype with the rest of you, then!

19. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Having played the Xbox 360 demo, I cans ay this is pretty much what I wanted. It's not perfect but it's the best I could expect and a lot better than I expected initially.

Some people may never be satisfied but I am, which is all I care about anyway.

20. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    This is Crisis City how you truly imagined it!
    SERIOUSLY!

Shame us in Europe don't get the game till the Friday after :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.