don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MastaSys

MastaSys

It's not that the nickname is new to him, after all the Japanese called Ivo Robotnik, "Eggman", since forever :v:

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Classic Planet Wisp is definitely the most unexpected remix. Not sure whether I like it. It does make it sound like more of a final level, though.

3. Flare

Flare

No, you see now everything that makes no sense can be explained by time travel, Robotnik calls himself Eggman because Future Eggman said thats what he calls himself (paradox) Sonic can do the homing attacking because Future Sonic showed past Sonic how to do it (paradox).

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Just bookmarking myself here since I know this topic is going to jump 20 pages by the time I get home.

So whats the orchestral final boss track this time?

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The music from the Boss Trailer.

6. Hint: You've actually heard it already
    Maybe I said too much?

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Hint #2: It's not orchestral.

8. British Gaijin

British Gaijin

Go play Nier. Member
    Great Britain, UK
    The EscapeRoute Show
    That cutscene is pretty incredible. I've got a few criticisms, mainly that the classic buddies (besides Tails) are missing. Also, Shadow's voice is pretty bad. I'm really looking forward to this, sucks that it is seven days until the EU release.

All of this stuff is blowing my mind. I just had to log back in here. Could someone please upload the MP3s to somewhere other than Megaupload? They're playing up for me. :S

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Also somewhat unrelated, but am I the only one who would love to hear "Precious Time" done as the full Chaotix Special Stage song, rather than just a bit of it? :(

10. MastaSys

MastaSys

Who cares about continuity, just be glad SOJ let them drop the localized name in the game for us, my inner child is VERY glad. BTW Tails say Robottoniku in the japanese voices? Just curious.

11. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Thank you.

Collection_026
    Sonic running down cables from a Golden Gate Bridge. Could this be a hint that like Sky Rail, at some point in development Radical Highway was supposed to be a Sonic level before they decided to make Shadow playable? These two are the only levels from Shadow's reportoire that are not a variations of Sonic's levels, since Green Forest and Final Chase are just slightly modifications of their Sonic counterparts.

Collection_043
    This modern Sonic sketch is much better than the final design we got in Adventure. It's so damn perfect. :v:

Collection_123
    I spent hours when I was a kid watching that intro and outro Sonic CD movie. Why is this not in Generations? :argh:

I really wish we had all of these concepts for every game. :(

12. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Went to my Best Buy, just going to say screw it and wait until November 1st. (Though I actually have a chance of getting it the day before.)

The closest (and only) Best Buy that has it is in Utah... which is a 20-hour drive from here. (One-way)

So, yeah. I'll just listen to music.

13. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Just curious, but why are almost all the music files cut right at the beginning as a separate file? Seems rather odd. But it's not a big deal. Loving the music so far.

14. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    First part is the music intro, second part is the music which loops.

15. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    That's so the songs can loop.

Edit: Ninja battle

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.