don't click here

Worst physics in a Sonic game...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Namo, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Ultimate Flash Sonic disagrees... And that's a fan-made game from around 2003.

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I find myself wanting to make a hack of Sonic 1 with these physics. But I probably won't, because I'm a lazy bum.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

There is. Play the demo with the spacebar held down. Remind you of anything?

4. Ultimate Flash Sonic is okay, but there's a noticeable problem with the physics compared to the other games.

You can continue accelerating in ball form, even uphill. I can play through an entire level just holding down and right with the occasional jump.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    And it's well above average.

but the average is still pretty low.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I think it's better than Sonic Genesis =P

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sonic 1: Bouncy Edition != Sonic 1 with broken momentum that simply multiplies your speed by -1 when you press the opposite direction.

8. glem3

glem3

Ultimate flash sonic was made in 2004, firstly... or at least that's when it was put online. But it also has the same problem sonic 4's physics have, you can run on a wall infinitely.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Yeah, Sonic Ultimate come out around 2004. It's pretty freakin' decent too.

10. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Let's just say in response to that

<Scratch> Buhahaha, let's make the sonic games so simple that nobody plays then and Sonic can't move.

<Grounder> Yeah, if they just hold space to keep bouncing along, they'll give up and Sonic will be ours.

But seriously, you just hold space to kee bouncing... that is just ridiculous.

11. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
  12. Ravi Singh

Ravi Singh

Los Angeles, CA
    The Snake Soup
    That spin roll sound effect...

13. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    That flash was my motivation for doing this in Flash too:
    <a href="http://alforata.deviantart.com/art/Classic-Sonic-Running-Physics-177453894?q=sort:time+gallery:alforata&qo=0" target="_blank">http://alforata.deviantart.com/art/Classic...forata&qo=0</a>

Also, I was surprised how much I can do using what I learned following a generic guide. Kinda cool.

14. Covarr

Covarr

Kinda cool indeed.

Why the hell is he reverting to his walking animation after braking, but before turning around? It looks *REALLY* weird.

15. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Im gonna quote the Sonic Physics Guide:
    Since I used S3 Sprites, I tried to stay close to S3, I didn't put that much effort in the visual stuff anyways...The important thing was the ActionScript programming stuff. I never knew how many frames the breaking animation had, and I was lazy to ask, so I made an "if" you are pressing the contrary direction you are running AND you're faster than 4.5, then the breaking animation will appear, but the braking animation is a loop of the S3 breaking frames anyway.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Isn't this only true when the player is not holding the opposite direction, though?

17. This is the best thing ever. Ever. I'm considering doing a short storyline about the creation of Sonic Jam for Game.Com. Can someone find me all they know about the creators and the creation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.