don't click here

What hazard do you hate the most in Sonic?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Volpino, Apr 23, 2010.

Which hazard do you hate the most in Sonic games?

1. Badniks/enemies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spikes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lava

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hazardous obstacles (Crushing blocks, tredmills leading into spikes, etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bosses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bottomless pits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Especially when you have 49 rings and you just need one more to turn super and blast through the level and FUCKING SPIKE BALL!

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Nothing is worse than the crusher + conveyor belt combo.

3. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I remember in Marble Garden Zone, there was one that was impossible to pass without the invincibility shield and running for your mother fucking life...

Was easier with Tails though, because you could just fly up, but if you didn't make it, you had to let it hit you and try while you were blinking... I hate that level. It was one of the early levels that enjoyed killing you, but I like it's boss. I wish there were more co-op bosses in Sonic...

4. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    I already knew before I voted that bottomless pits would be the most-hated hazard. I hate bottomless pits. They're so cheap and retarded.

5. Uncle Otis

Uncle Otis

Uses too many goddamn commas Member
    Scrap Brain is one of the few Sonic zones I consider to be hard. Those flying saw blades scared the hell out of me the first time I saw them.

6. Volpino

Volpino

I've always been stuck in Labyrinth Zone, but that reminds me of the last zone of Sonic CD. That zone wants you dead, and it does everything to kill you. If it's not badniks, it's buzz-saws...

7. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Spikes are a problem in Sonic 1 due to the spike bug in rev 001 and 002. Their even worse with debug mode on in these two revisions because you get stuck with no way of stopping it and you finally have to just press reset.

8. Volpino

Volpino

Well, Bottomless Pits capped 60 and are leading by... more than half the percentage.

I can't be surprised about that. They're always placed badly in Sonic games and never expected, especially on Sonic 3 when you're encouraged to explore and BAM! Right there's the pit of death. And let's not forget Icecap combined the bottomless pits and water in act 2. That was so misleading, and it gave me that sinking feeling. (heheh. Puns are fun. :specialed:)

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Odd. The only bottomless pit in classic Sonic I ever had a problem with was that damn pit in Star Light. When I voted bottomless pits, I was thinking more of Advance 2 and the like.

10. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Water, bottomless pits and lava. At least 40% of all my deaths are because of them.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hazardous Objects are my least favorite. I generally don't have any issues with much else, but damn, nothing pisses me off more than running along, minding my business, and THWOMP. Stinkin' squashed by some moving block.

The Trinity of Evil is a close second though.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Although I has bottomless pits, Altitude Limit is incredibly awesome. Sky Babylon is not XD.

But I like Sky Babylon because it's hard and gives you troble, so you spend some time on it.

Sky Canyon fom SAdvance2 was terrible in every way though.

About the crushing obejects...

Huge Crisis is no fair with that >.>

13. I'd say bottomless pits, since they seem to be the most prominent way of killing Sonic these days as opposed to spikes, badniks, or even water.

^Agreed, one hundred percent.

14. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    My hatred of choice is but one particular bottomless pit. You know it, you love to hate it, every hack of Sonic 2 MD should get rid of it in progress...

The Mystic Cave 2 Pungee Pit! You know, the one that's about 3 screens deep and has a floor made of spikes? It's not bad at when you're playing KiS2, but usually you are playing as Sonic or a Tails that can't fly on demand. If your Super at the time, this is a psychological torture pit. 33 seconds till you die! 32 seconds... 31... etc.

Edit: Post 700 was about the Mystic Cave pit, I am not dissappoint. :D

15. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    Can I vote for bottomless pits and water combined?

I don't know about you, but there's just something particularly Nightmare-Fuel-ish about falling into water in the likes of Chemical Plant Zone and Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 then just continuing to fall and fall until eventually you hit the Bottom Of Nothingness, and have Sonic's shocked expression engraved deep into your eyelids for the next few seconds, or even minutes. *shudders*

And, yeah, I kinda find myself panicking during long water sessions sometimes, hoping not to fall victim to The Music of CHAOS AND DOOM.

16. Volpino

Volpino

That's the entire reason I even put spikes in the poll. :eng101:

17. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Fuck that barrel. :argh:

For me, it was the bottomless pits. In particular, in Sonic 1 Scrap Brain Zone-Act 1. Going up those bridges with the spinning platforms. Took me a while to time those jumps right. :argh:

18. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

That barrel likes to squash me when I'm distracted by all the pretty colours. That still gives me more grief than being stuck on the barrel trap.

19. Am I the only one who was never bothered by the Barrel?

20. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

Not at all, but then again, I didn't play Sonic 3 til I was 11, so, eh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.