don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I noticed that once while watching old commercials on Youtube. I even posted a comment on the video stating that it was a rip-off of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, though you could say that DRMBM is a rip-off of Puyo-Puyo. :v:

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    It's not as much "ripoff" as it is "localization," though on that note I wonder if Avalanche had any input from Compile at all, since Banpresto was dropped as a publisher with Super Puyo Puyo Tsu Remix...

There was also a PC game, "Timon and Pumbaa's Bug Drop," guess what it's based on :U The first Puyo Puyo game overseas with the original Madou Monogatari characters/storyline/setting was the NGPC port of Tsu, called Puyo Pop in North America and Europe.

Hackngwise, I could release notes on Mean Bean in the near future, but the overlap would be enough to warrant a thread being nothing but "GO TO PUYO NEXUS" + - "AND IT'S CARBUNCLE NOT HAS-BEAN =P"  

Oh and as far as I know, only one song from Avalanche is taken from Puyo Puyo — Warning. (MBM remixes Final for its warning song.)

3. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    Here's another album where "Mirubo" is present. [EDIT: Can't put them up right. Just make an account on VGMdb and see for yourself.]
    http://vgmdb.net/album/7988

NOTE: This is also where the 6290 Mix originates from. The After-6290 mix comes from Vol.2
    As you can see, it has the lines, making it "bo"

And here's the one from the Seima Densetsu 3x3 Eyes OST (KICA 1123/1124) [EDIT: Can't put them up right. Just make an account on VGMdb and see for yourself.]
    http://vgmdb.net/album/1558

Again the sticks are present.

Another way to look at it is to look at another game where milpo is credited, such as Phantasy Star IV. In that game's credits, only three artists are credited for sound-related duties, but Kashima is the only one whose worklist is anything close to the one milpo put up.
    <a href="http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,34203/" target="_blank">http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/v...eloperId,34203/</a>

This really should be an open-shut case.

Also, there's one last thing I'd like to ask and I'll be out of your hair for good:

To anyone who owns the Sonic Adventure 2 OST and isn't a hoarder, what are the exact credits listed on the foldout (especially for the two Chao mixes)? I'd like to know the exact data, such as who composed and who arranged, and the exact order the artists are listed in in those categories - assuming the credit breakdown is the same as the Sonic Adventure OST - so that I can know which tracks in the medley are most likely to be Fumie's, Tokoi's and Ohtani's.

Thank you. :)

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I wasn't arguing about whether they're the same person or not. There's just no reason why Milpo can't become "Mirupo", which would make much more sense.

5. I thought this was pretty cool. What if Endless Mine Zone had an Act 2 mix of its song?

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    That sounds really nice! I don't think it'd fit for an actual Act 2, though. The songs in S3K usually have variations of the same lead melody, and there's very little of that in here in my opinion.

(I don't really know too much music terminology, so I hope you get what I mean. :v:)

7. There is a Sonic Quiz in the latest issue of Game informer in the very back.

I got 8/10 right. :D

8. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    What are the questions?

9. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Something new for the Michael Jackson x Sonic 3 music fans:

From here.

Nina received Sound Special Thanks under the Sonic 3 credits (she has MRM in parentheses next to her name). SONIC 3 ONLY. Cool huh?

Someone go find her book.

10. Here you go. I scanned the page for everyone. :D

[​IMG]

11. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I got 9 out of 10. :v:

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Same here. 150+ games? Holy crap.

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    lol, 8-B is a cheat code in my hack :D

14. PARASOL

PARASOL

[​IMG]
    Just a question, was this ever in the game? It looks like a Sky Chase sort of thing Sonic Adventure had.

15. Pretty sure it was. I remember that scene, but I don't feel like playing the game to check right now.

As for the Sonic quiz, the image quality is too low so I can't tell if 7 is c or d. Which one is it? I guessed c. If that's right then I have 10/10.

16. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    9/10 Here. I would have never guessed that many games.

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    "Death Omelet Zone" QUICK, SOMEONE MAKE THAT :specialed:

9/10, not bad at all.

18. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

It's Sky Troops from Shadow the Hedgehog. Probably one of the better levels in the game, still fucking terrible though.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    10/10 in the quiz. You guys suck.

20. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    9/10 here. 150 games is crazy.