The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. >Information from Tristan being legit

And there is my daily humor pill.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I reeeeaaaally doubt that Sonic Team planned to release another big Sonic game not long before Lost World released. That doesn't make sense from neither a development nor a marketing standpoint. It'd probably be longer in development than that, and they're not going to release two big Sonic games in the same year.

Also, Sega porting more games to PC was already public knowledge. They snuck a line about them doing that in the press release for Sonic Lost World PC.

As for the rest of the article: lol

EDIT: Just to show that I'm not talking about the Sega porting more games to PC thing:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/255459/THE_BLUE_BLUR_SPINS_ON_TO_PC_WITH_SONIC_LOSTWORLDtrade.php

It wouldn't surprise me if TSSZ's source just pulled the Sonic Colours being high priority thing out of their ass, cause that seems like a pretty safe bet to make.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh wow, is that some new Classic Sonic art I'm seeing?
    [​IMG]

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This only even almost adds up correctly if you completely ignore that exclusivity deal they made with Nintendo, but even then it still doesn't fit any established pattern of Sonic releases, nor does it account for Sega's repeatedly proven inability to keep information and content from leaking. If they'd meant to have a major release for 2012, I can't imagine we wouldn't know about it even if it was never announced, nor can I believe it would've been delayed this much instead of coming out in holiday 2015, by which time they would've had plenty of opportunity to port their work and finish the game on PS4/XB1.

Color me unimpressed. If an anonymous source wants to start rumors, they had better at least make sense.

5. I'm pretty sure that is.
    Could it mean...? :specialed:

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    lol Is he really that notorious for inaccurate info? The only thing I'm aware of that he got notably wrong was that Sonic Dimensions rumour that spread like wildfire and turned out to be completely false. Outside of that I'm not aware of any other time he got something wrong. I do know he uses questionable sources though. People just email him with "I'm from Sega" and he just believes them posting articles based on their mirage of information without checking the validity of the source. And yeah to echo everyone else his info doesn't really add up. It doesn't make sense for there to be a mainline game in development in tandem with Lost World.

The logic sequence of his article doesn't really make sense. It's not even earth-shattering info either. Just something that's barely noteworthy.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Apparently he's been using the same source for quite some time now. It seems like his source does have legit info, but he's obviously also telling bullshit at the same time.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Right. derailing this.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/250moriyuki/status/678495411263287296/photo/1

So, whats the story behind this faded snowboarding sonic in the middle of the forest in Japan's Mie Prefecture?

9. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Can anyone solve this?

Could be nothing but it was posted by Aaron so presumably it means something. Thoughts?

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

Seriously?

11. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I might need to stop posting Tristan's articles lol. In my defence I found it interesting!

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I remember seeing that and being surprised how little conversation it spiked here. But then again, there was so little said in that release, there was no need to bother with conjecture. It could literally mean anything; he could just be referring to Uewaka and the 25th anniversary game devs (which would basically mean nothing), or Marza Animation because they're making the movie, or maybe Oshima because why not. It's kind of pointless to talk about at this point.

As for Tristan's "news," most of that can easily be gleaned from Sega's official statements with a tiny bit of 'what-if' and fan appeasement added for spice.

More Sonic PC ports – Well, yeah, because SoE told us that was the case
    Anniversary game gets 3 to 4 years dev time – OH WOW, WHAT NEWS... Oh wait, we've known Sonic Team has been split into two teams since like, what, 2009? Of course it's had a long time, since it's the Unleashed/Generations team (By the way, Lost World was incubating for 3 to 4 years too; doesn't mean inherently it will be a quality title).
    Smaller, possibly mobile title – Wow, what a shocker. Except no it's not.

Basically, the only interesting portion of his report was the claim that this supposed anniversary game was supposed to come out "Before Lost World." This is the only thing of note because of how absurd it sounds. Who would have possibly been developing this "phantom game?" the Unleashed team would have just been coming down from Generations, which means it had to have been the Storybook/Colors team working on it. One could extrapolate they were working on a game to release on 360/PS3/One/4, but had to shelve it when they struck the Nintendo deal for a WiiU exclusive, which means the only other options are that either the Generations team picked up where they left off and continued development, or a third party dev began working on it. But I highly doubt the Unleashed/Generations team would have been sitting on their hands in the year and a half between Generations release and the brokering of the Nintendo deal in 2013. Which means they had to have shelved yet another game to work on the other shelved game. That makes utterly no sense. It's completely absurd. So absurd, in fact, that it almost makes it viable in my eyes. Almost. It's either so crazy there's a grain of truth to it, or it's blatantly untrue. But considering how out of left field this claim is compared to the completely safe "predictions" before it, it leaves me unable to completely discount it. just... 95% discount it.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    All Aaron was hinting at was that there's a story behind who made the CG render. We noticed it a couple of months ago but didn't make a front page post about it cause we didn't think it was worth writing about. :v:

14. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    About the Tristan rumour:
    There was a board at a Jazzware event that confirmed a new Sonic game was coming out on PS4/Xbox One/Wii U in 2015. Not that adds any weight to the rumour, but some part of Sega did have plans for a multi-platform Sonic game that were put on hold.
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/new-sonic-game-coming-2015-for-wii-u-ps4-xbox-one/

About the Tomy Sonic artwork:
    I think that's from the mobile version of Sonic 2 (for feature phones).

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    w-where did this "sonic generations 2 would necessarily have to revisit only the last 5 years" come from of a sudden

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Nope - I've had a t-shirt with that exact design for a few years now:
    [​IMG]

And yeah, about the Tristan articles - in this case, one is basically an unsubstantiated rumour (2 new Sonic games in 2016) and the other is really old "news" that was already discussed on here a couple of months ago (the Tumblr tags); please don't post any more stuff like that, from Tristan or from anyone/anywhere else.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Just quoting this because it's quite cool. First I've ever seen it. Is that Tweet all the info we have?

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You'd think that the site being banned would be a good indication of if the articles should be posted or not...

2015 is over, Sega said that the info was incorrect, and a PS4/Xbox One game being released on Wii U never happens cause publishers don't want to spend money on a shitty port or version that wouldn't sell well.

How many more times does that info need to be debunked for people to realize that it was bullshit?

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah atm, nobody knows why its there or for how long its been there its quite the mystery.

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Strictly guessing on my part, but that looks like an officially made statue. Maybe a disgruntled SEGA employee set it up there as a joke of some kind back in the 90s and no one's bothered to clean it up? It's pretty cool looking.