don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ItzWizzz

ItzWizzz

Speed Wiz
    Nigeria, Africa
    Genie!!!!!!!(Manga)/Unamed Sonic RPG.
    I seriously believe that this shied power up was actually a prototype for the homing attack.The manual states that the sheild allows you to HOME in on targets. So beiive one way or the other, its one of the things that influenced the devs to integrate it sonic's moveset

I seriously believe that this shied power up was actually a prototype for the homing attack.The manual states that the sheild allows you to HOME in on targets. So beiive one way or the other, its one of the things that influenced the devs to integrate it sonic's moveset.

Sorry for the double post :p

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You can stop in the middle of a loop and fall off in Adventure though.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

... huh. Didn't know these existed.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Let's just be glad that is something related to Sonic that doesn't have the homing attack.

5. ItzWizzz

ItzWizzz

Speed Wiz
    Nigeria, Africa
    Genie!!!!!!!(Manga)/Unamed Sonic RPG.
    Lol WTF?? I never thought I'd see these around the forums!! But yeah, these exist. I see the same fire crackers around where I live. But it isn't an official product mind you!!

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Is the fact they're using Xtreme art a metaphor for how the project exploded in a very public display? =P

7. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I was gonna post this in the Generations topic, but it seemed too minor to post there. I've noticed some people who complained about the quality of the intro/ending cutscenes in Sonic Generations, which unlike most of them are pre-rendered SFD videos with in-game assets Sonic UnWiished/Colors style. I'm betting due to the length or all the things in them, no need to load dozens of cutscene quality models for a video. But then, why is the teaser video you get when you idle on the title screen so crisp and clear compared to them?

VLC Player has just enough support for sfd files, or whatever they're based off of, to apparently tell us why. Opening anniv_teaser.sfd in it will produce a single soundless generally clear 720p 2D video, or around that size. Opening ev011.sfd gets you something else... Not only do you get a measly 847x525 video, you get a second video stream popping up in another window. However, this one's at 1276x392... it's in 3D!

This is where you remember that Generations, unlike Unleashed, supports the respective 3D features of the 360, PS3 and certain PC graphics cards. It would be silly if the other cutscenes were full 3D and then the big time ones were flat. I guess the teaser was excusable considering many don't even know it exists. Might it be safe to assume that the low quality is due to filesize limits, then? The amount of data the systems could reasonably load at once, apparently having both 2D and 3D in the same file?

TL;DR: Some Generations cutscenes are pre-recorded SFDs and stored in both 2D and 3D at the same time in one file.

-Bonus wiggle gif-

8. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    Turns out the Sonic 3 Sound Team (or rather, the 5 still working at Sega) all worked on the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Sachio Ogawa, who had gone off to AM2 following The Hybrid Front, composed something for at least this version (I can't find any credits for the Wii version), so for the first time since they've all come together. That being said, the music is now on the same level as the Wii, so hopefully the Wii version is conveniently missing some of these names and the version-exclusive tracks are that much fewer. If anyone with the Wii version can confirm those credits please I'd appreciate it. :)

Here's the credits from the beginning, for other references

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-WKK-2-WAY-JOYSTICK-CONVERTER-/360410635756?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item53ea25ddec
    Just gonna dump this here. Does anyone know what this is or what it does? Any advice would be great for the seller. Yeah, I'm a nice helpful guy.

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's a wireless (infrared) controller adapter. Kinda useless without the controllers. Here is a complete set.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Fantastic, that was quick! I'd seen simialr items before but the two controller ports threw me, I'd seen one with only one I'm sure.

Quite interesting that the Master System one has a Mega Drive styled controller with it. I know it's cross compatibility but that just seems odd. Am I missing something here?

12. Replaying Sonic Heroes because I hate myself. BINGO Highway is the only stage (so far) on the sound test to not have "Zone" appended to its name, for some reason.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I tried playing Heroes the other day. I wanted to cry it was so bad.

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I like Heroes, I find it fun, easy and glitchless in a sense that nothing glitchy hurts you. You can't lose on that game, though I wish they'd have made pits harder to fall down.

15. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    That's just it, you can only either succeed or fail. You can't do "badly". If you miss a jump, you don't lose rings or take a shorter path or restart a brief climbing session: you just fall and lose a life.
    And the glitches aren't fatal, but they can make you wanna throw everything around if you're trying to do some challenge. Anyway, this isn't a topic about discussing Zeroes.
    As for the BH factoid, it's just what we needed. That level is so picky with its name: the "BINGO" part needs to be in all caps, something most people don't do, and now it's also picky in that it doesn't have "zone" in the end. Geez, BINGO Highway.

16. Flipside

Flipside

I don't think that would have worked for BINGO Highway. Just think about it... "Radical Highway Zone"...

Didn't find a suitable thread to say this, but I found a glitch in Sonic 2 recently that lets you play as Super Sonic in 2 Player Mode. Then I put it in the Wiki.

Turns out Sonic 2 will reset the emerald count to 0 only if you select 1 or 2 player from the start screen. If you get the emeralds, go back to the title screen, go to the options mode, then press start when on the VS MODE ITEMS, you can turn into a glitched Super Sonic! Only the Super Sonic exclusive sprites look glitched though. Looks odd when you die, respawn as super sonic, then go back to normal when the game sees you have no rings.

I tried it on Sonic Classics, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, and on an emulator and it worked just the same. Do you know if it works in all the other versions of Sonic 2? Also, is there a gallery I can upload pictures to on this forum? I don't want to post something that just becomes a red X one day.

17. dsrb

dsrb

If you didn't already notice, the wiki allows uploading of images, assuming they have a purpose a.k.a. relevance to something written in an article. although some of its images disappear occasionally, too ;)

18. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I personally use Imageshack because it's mostly site-neutral and independent of anything else. Register for a free account and they shouldn't delete any of your shit unless you grossly violate their ToS.

Yeah, can't speak for everyone else but I knew this, at least in the sense that I've done this multiple times in the past. Nothing wrong with documenting it properly though :D

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Not on purpose, anyway. I've had them lose a number of my older images (which, admittedly, were uploaded in ~2005).