don't click here

The Sonic The Hedgehog Classics Thread!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LockOnRommy11, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yesterday I played through Sonic 1 and 2 while I impatiently waited for Sonic 4 to come out on PSN (Seriously they updated at like 7:15 the fuck is that?). I beat the game as Sonic, only I didn't collect any emeralds.

Then I got Sonic 4. It was so nice I beat it twice *shot* but no I did. Once as Sonic, then I got the rest of the chaos emeralds, then I played through it again as Super Sonic. Why did that game have to bring back the 3 most hated bosses of my childhood though D: (Labyrinth, Metropolis, and S2 Death Egg)

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    You and I must have been on the same page. When I got it Monday, that's precisely what I did, and those are my least favorite of the bosses.

Then I played through it a third time before going out for drinks with friends, and then I've played stages on and off in no particular order since then. I may start a new file and do it all over again. I can't decide if I prefer playing with or without Super Sonic though. His increased jump height and hang time can become pretty dangerous in later stages, but I guess in some ways that ramps up the difficulty. I do like his music though, and how it's not just the main theme looped together like the invincibility monitor.

So far I've had a pretty good time with Sonic 4. I was always one to hold the D-pad in the direction I was going anyway, so the nerfed physics don't bother me all too much. It can get a little weird during Road of Cards, but even then it's not gamebreaking or anything. I do wish I could roll more often without falling from slopes, especially as Super Sonic. His rolling physics seem to be no different than in his normal state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.