don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    So it's intentionally a rehash (which is no surprise, really - who could make a game like Sonic 4 by accident?). I don't see how that makes it any better.

2. Flare

Flare

I agree, if the name wasn't Sonic 4 I would bet that the reviews would be more relaxed on some of the games downfalls.

3. glem3

glem3

I'm so confused. 10 dollars is fine but 15 dollars is crazy? What, you can't find 5 extra bucks lying around? I can understand not wanting to buy it in general but what about 5 dollars more makes this so crazy? :P

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's a 50% price rise, so yeah.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The general consensus everywhere is that £10/$15 is too much. I'm still happy to pay that, but it would seem we're paying just for the name.

6. glem3

glem3

So is 2 dollars to 3 dollars, but that doesn't mean 3 dollars is suddenly crazy. You can't find 5 dollars somewhere in your house? What do you need 5 dollars for?

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The point is people are criticizing it negatively for something it's meant to be, which is stupid. This is only Episode 1, the Revisit Episode, so changing the name to not be Sonic 4: Episode 1 is a stupid idea as well.

8. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Sonic 4 being priced at 1200 points seems decent, considering the rest of the games that are at that price.

9. Are you suggesting people steal from their families to buy games?

Paying for transportation, for example. It does make a difference.

Personally, I wouldn't pay even $1 for it, not because I think the game is bad (which I do BTW), but because I don't believe in downloadable games. I like to own the games I pay for, not just rent them for as long as the company that sells them supports the game and the console it runs on, so that when said support ends they try to sell me the same game temporally again on a new platform.

EDIT: Shit, forgot I was trying to stay away from this thread. Sorry about that.

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    One part of a full game is overpriced. You're looking at 20$ you didn't want to pay if there's four episodes of the same price with comparable content.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

It is, especially when all things considered, for $15 I can download three full Sonic games (or two and a half, considering how you view Sonic 3/&Knuckles), or more lengthy games like Banjo-Kazooie or Portal, and for $10 I can buy a full 3-D Sonic game now, lazy port or not.

I realize its new content and I'll be downloading the game either way likely, but just food for thought. And as a final point, some young buckaroos like myself, with no access to much spare money, view this as a fair amount, considering I'm lucky to get four bucks tops in a month for things that aren't essential to living/school. I guess a lot of the members here are older than I am, so this final point may be moot, but eh.

EDIT: Sorry to seem like I'm jumping at your throat over that comment, I'm just saying. :v:

12. glem3

glem3

^^ Okay, I'm sorry. I just assumed finding 5$ wasn't that big a deal.

13. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    If you don't like the price, vote with your money and hold off on purchase until the price drop. Convince your friends to do the same. SEGA will hopefully get the hint.

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    $10 alone is pushing it, in terms of spending money on things that serve to do nothing but entertain me (considering I've already blown the last remaining $100 of my graduation money on Dragonball Z DVDs and Magic the Gathering cards). Pushing it, but still barely doable. The fact that its $5 past pushing it (when every dollar counts right now) makes it a no until I have a way to get money on a regular basis. I need all the money I can get at the moment, and my spending habits are already over the line.

15. Shade

Shade

$10 for Sonic Adventure, but $15 for part 1 of Sonic 4?

wat

16. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    What Dude said, like really hard. Even if you do want the game it's eventually going to be reduced in price. I know that if the ifag version is £10 then I won't be buying it. I haven't paid full price for a Sonic game since Sonic R, that was also the last new Sonic game I bought aswell.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

SA1 is old, S4 is new. Simple.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I think I'll wait for a price drop before buying this, mainly because there'll be a few other games that'll keep me busy, like Sonic Colours.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Not a big deal? Nigga that's sandwich money!

Mmm, five dollar footlongs

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, on second thought, I might hold off on it as well and see how it all plays out. I've spent the last 5 years staying in last gen, and I'm not getting much more free time yet. I can wait a bit longer until I've got a healthier amount of disposable income.

Sonic Colors is a mildly different story. Either one, I don't need to grab it on release. I'm better off reading the reviews and getting a well-rounded idea of what I'm buying first and waiting for a modest price drop. Hasn't failed me yet.

By the way, I just realized that Green Hills Zone in Sonic 2 takes it melody from You Can Do Anything. Unfortunately I never got past Sky High Zone to hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.