don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I thought it was just me that was hearing the rest of the music sounding different. Either is just cause of the quality of video or they're older versions.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Or they're newer. :v:

Trust me, I feel your pain. :argh:

That's literally right before a chain of Bubbles over a bottomless pit, which in istelf is fucking bullshit.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They did specifically say the soundtrack wasn't changing.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Killjoy. :(

5. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Completely off subject, but something someone said about Ken Balough being the final boss made me laugh:
    [​IMG]
    There you go, a bit of magical Ken-Fu... Oh, and I used S2HD's inspiration image, since there were no HD final boss images.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    what is this and why is it so awesome

7. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    wtf happened at 1:41 of this video?

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    The physics still annoy the fuck out of me, the physics look sporadic and clunky as hell. The E3 build is the older build, correct?

EDIT: Wow, it's been a year already. Time really does fly. I'm amazed at how horribly let down I ended up from this experience, seriously. Fuck you SEGA, Iizuka, and Dimps.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

^ Correct.

They need to fix the bugs with the physics. They're glaringly obvious, and I doubt SEGa will be stupid enough to release the game with those bugs, considering, the public are largely aware, and SEGA are largely aware of the publics thoughts and opinions.

The music has been changed, and sounds like they've given it a wider instrument range and a bit more 'substance'. The mine cart is now a nice little prop for a small section of level, Sonic's acceleration speed has been upped slightly (Though I tested and the original seemed to be spot on anyway), and more animations and things have been tweaked and added. The Wii version seems to have the old 1-up sound. I doubt that's got anything to do with leftovers, unless it was an earlier build and they had just used it as a placeholder, seeing as all the versions are being tweaked differently by different members of the teams to accomodate system requirements and control methods.

I was worried about Sonic 4, and some aspects still irritate me, like the large number of boost pads, but to be frank, it's looking really good, and I'll eat that sucker up. Not because it's Sonic 4, but because it looks to be different, and I think they're limiting the allowance for 'new' changes, which can only be a good thing. Hopefully they'll remove that silly jump-boost next, and make life earning a bit more difficult.

10. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Is there already an explanation for the 1-up song ? It's the Sonic 3 song, and as far as I know, in the old titles the 1-up song has always been a short part of the main theme of the game it belongs to, so I wonder why it's not based on the Sonic 4 theme here. Maybe because the song was the same in Sonic 1 & Sonic 2, so they want to keep the same in Sonic 3 & Sonic 4, putting S&K aside. Does anyone know ?

11. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I figure Jun Senoue really liked that jingle and wanted it to get more exposure, since when people play Sonic 3 it's usually locked on to S&K.

12. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I just recently started noticing that the classic continue jingle is nonexistent and has been replaced by the 1-Up jingle. That's almost as irritating as the spindash noise being jacked up. Physics aside, those are the only things I seriously dislike about the game.

13. dsrb

dsrb

Which version are you basing these claims on?
    Can anyone else verify alterations to the music?

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

As someone who has the Sonic 4 leaked soundtrack on his iPod, and having just watched that whole Wii video version, which is a later version than the version containing the leaked music (the one everyone on Xbox seems to have), which occured a while back, you can easily tell the difference. Also, to further show the music has changed, the 1-up sound, as well as the end of level music has changed significantly.

Would anyone else like to just confirm this then? I know I'm right anyway.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    There's no continues in Sonic 4. You get an extra life instead.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There have indeed been minor changes to the music. Splash Hill in particular has added another octave of range to one of its support melodies... why they did this, I have no clue, since it actually kind of sounds worse.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't intending to implicate you as lying, SSTMQ, but I know others who've listened to non-direct-feed videos have heard differences where there were none, due to the recording process. I wouldn't have been confident to identify any differences in the video linked above, for example.

Tweaker, do you mean that the “da-da-da-da” in the background is doubled-up? I did think it sounded different, but as above I couldn't be sure.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That's exactly it. There might also be some extra harmony in the bridge, but I'm less sure about that one.

19. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It might be an older build than the leaked version. I mean if it's the E3 one it could have been based on code that's six months old by this point.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Considering that the jingles are the 16 years old in this video, that's probably right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.