don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    <embed src="http://gene.sonicretro.org/Tuneage/sonic4theme.mp3" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true" volume="80" />
    99% Tweaker rule in effect!

2. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    It's limited to that page?

Let me guess: a script is being run via one of the posts on that page?

EDIT: Yes!

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    This right here. I'm glad someone is on the same wavelength.

To get a job as a programmer for SEGA nearly always requires both qualifications and previous experience. To get experience working as a programmer for any other company requires either qualifications or previous experience. To get qualifications requires a University course.

Based on that simple reverse-chronological analysis of the situation, it'll take someone about ten years from when they start University. If you're lucky, they might ignore the lack of experience based on qualifications alone, but that's still between three and five years.

Most of us aren't even old enough to join SEGA in that sense.

On the plus side, SEGA Europe will throw in massages and fruit as part of the pay.

4. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Is someone even able to win The Game at all? The least Tweaker did was not lost it. =P

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    There's never any credit to the people who actually create the content. :colbert:

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Funny thing is, the screaming was done by InstantSonic. Looks like Gay Rotor just got competition.

+ - You can hear Tweaker caught in the explosion though. =P  

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Son of a bitch, I thought that was Tweaker's voice. I lost The Game. :(

8. Endri

Endri

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>"<embed src="http://gene.sonicretro.org/Tuneage/sonic4theme.mp3" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true" volume="80" / >"</span> :ssh:

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Holy mother of fuck! I want to rape whoever made that music, but in a nice way.

10. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    This topic= Epic Win

11. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Oh for god's sake.

12. XD This topic is now awesome. Whether the game is awesome is to be determined.!

Lets hope for the best!

13. Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Sonic the Hedgehog FOUR.....Oh my god!!!!!! that should be the intro screen theme for the game, someone must hack this in when the game comes out. Also hearing it makes the tread more enjoyable to open now.

14. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    If I'm not mistaken, it's from the 'Benny Hill' slapstick comedy show.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, I'm not jumping to any definitive conclusions about whether the game will be good or bad, but whether or not the game will be as awesome as it could be is another question entirely. For me, personally, that's merely a question of "How much am I looking forward to this and how much fun do I expect to have while playing it?" but it may be a less forgiving situation for others. And others may simply have more stringent standards on what constitutes "good" in this case—and really, given the stated intent of the product itself, that's not really wrong.

16. Machenstein

Machenstein

I somewhat agree with this. While the marketing department has made a lot of promises for Sonic 4 that we practically know the game will not keep, it is no fault of the game itself. The game itself is just an impersonal entity. It is what it is despite what the marketing team says what the intent of the product is. They say it is the true successor to Sonic 3, and the developers intend to make it the true successor of Sonic 3, but it will most likely fail to live up to that goal. So we take our anger out on the game itself instead of the marketing team for touting the game to be more than what it actually is. Of course, that's the marketing team's job, but now we feel that we are being condescended to because it is clear that Sonic 4 could be closer to our ideal of the "true" successor of Sonic 3 than it is.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Thank you for the music (Tweaker?)! That made my day!
    After so much frustration reading all the crap, that just made this topic much better!

Polygon Jim has also been fantastic in his latest replies, and deserve a lot of credits!

18. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    :v:
    that was just... WIN

19. serpx

serpx

See Sonic 2006. Yes, it shall forever exist as a great example for most things in which is bad.

20. Endri

Endri

Oh, why, thank you...:flunked:
    :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.