don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsrb

dsrb

As I posted earlier and SP just noted, shortly after it gets even worse when he 'moonruns' up the hill. :/

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As compensation for the more difficult iPhone controls I think it's probably easier to stop Sonic on that version. But the moonwalking happens on any version. It's a result of how every spring knocks Sonic into air. Even the horizontal springs make him behave as if he's in the air rather than just 'push' him this way or that.

3. glem3

glem3

Even in sonic 1, 2, and 3 sonic moonwalks if you tap left after you hit a spring. Although, I'm not completely sure what you guys are talking about.

4. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    Because it doesn't have the abilities it should the other consoles of this generation do.

Seriously, why couldn't Nintendo just make a glorified Last-gen console with buffed-up processing power like everybody else? They had to be an overachiever.
    [/mockrant]

@Sonic contest. Oh buy they're asking for it now. I hope they release some of those videos to the public, I really do!

But really. Who would degrade themselves for a free iPod Sonic 4 (You know that's what you'll get if they're giving away free iPods anyway, they'l probably screw over PS3 owners, too, since our console doesn't sell the classics and they're giving away a Sonic 2 voucher. :argh:

+ - God I want that Sonic merch... Some Japanese kid will just beat us all though. Those Japanese are amazing at this stuff.  

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

The contest is US and Canada only.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm sure there are smart Japanese kids in the US and Canada (and parts of Europe too) that could kick some serious fan-video ass.

7. dsrb

dsrb

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    "2) Eligibility: Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec),"

9. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    I think the area of the contest changes depending on where you are. I'm pretty sure some people from the UK have looked at the site and thought it was UK and Ireland only.

10. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

That makes sense, because I just know for me it says US/Canada only.

11. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I looked on the Japanese sonic 4 site and saw no mention of any contest. I did only look briefly though.

12. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Well, for me, it says "2) Eligibility: Promotion is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, who are over 13 years of age and who comply with the applicable terms and conditions."

Anywho, I've looked at the rules and I don't think I'll be able to enter. I don't own a camcorder or any way of recording between 1 and 5 minutes of footage of much of anything, let alone Sonic related. I'd love to get my hands on the 3rd place prize, but what can you do?

13. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    There was another Sonic 4 preview on GameSpot's "On the Spot" today, around 11:00-ish, but there isn't really anything new besides more footage of Splash Hill being played (I think the only honest-to-gods new thing is what happens when you actually Homing Attack those Bubbles badniks that one spring launches you at, which is a significantly shorted alternate route and a 1-up monitor, yeah, that's the path to victory methinks). It's RubyEclipse doing the preview, so naturally there isn't anything being said that you can really rage at. He does talk about how fans want the physics right so the game feels like a classic Sonic game, but only briefly and with no real specifics mentioned with regards to Sonic 4 besides acceleration.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot

14. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    Yeah, a lot of the On the Spot messaging will sound familiar for those who followed all the E3 news. Hopefully I haven't said anything that would make anyone rage.

It was a great chance for us to help promote the contest though, which is a big focus for us right now.

As you guys guessed, I can also confirm that the legal rules you see will change, based on the country you're in. There's one set for the US / Canada and another set for those over in the UK.

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

Can you confirm that the japanese are not eligible? Its not worth trying if they are because they'll either outdo everyone and win, or get shoehorned in by soj.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Why would someone in Japan need to win a free trip to Tokyo? The winner could very well live in Tokyo or ten minutes away from the place. :v:

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Or on the other side of the country. And there's more to it than just going to Japan.

18. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    There's a decent performance live from Jun Senoue around the 20 minute mark of Splash Hill Zone Acts 1/2/3 plus the Title screen with a Roland rd-700gx. Someone should record it from the video and put it up on the site for archival reasons.

He also did Seaside Hill on that classic Sonic Adventure guitar he has near the end.

19. dsrb

dsrb

Oops, I didn't realise it automatically redirected by region.

20. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Can somebody try to download and mirror that video. It's stuck at buffering.
    Also lol at Jun Senoue. I bet the songs are the same horrible shit from the game. Episode II needs better composers, and more than one this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.