The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    <!--quoteo(post=472185:date=Jun 25 2010, 05:15 PM:name=Volpino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volpino @ Jun 25 2010, 05:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472185">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Calling it right now, most of the videos will be raging 20 year olds holding a Genesis and pointing to it for emphasis--<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's a winning entry.

Set 18-25 year old Sonic fan, holding a Genesis 1 or 2 up with a :colbert: face, just pointing at it for a minute thirty (change background location to cheat) and set it to <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65hL9d1ANM" target="_blank">this music.</a>

Or if the song clashes with the rules (...really?), break out PUBLIC DOMAIN with some classical piece from Mozart, Tchaikovsky, or any composer of choice.

And if that is still a problem, fuck, I don't know... Green Hill Zone Knockoff on vuvuzela?

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    <!--quoteo(post=472185:date=Jun 25 2010, 10:15 PM:name=Volpino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volpino @ Jun 25 2010, 10:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472185">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And, at risk of getting bitched at for pointing this out, in that Gamespot video, there was a question about character cameos, and mention that there would be none in Episode 1, but it was also said Sonic would be the only playable character in the game. 'In the game' and not just episode 1. Might just me getting paranoid but... Just throwing that out there, we might only see new characters in cutscenes in the later episodes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No cutscenes or additional characters are needed. What a shame.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    <!--quoteo(post=472204:date=Jun 25 2010, 10:40 PM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 25 2010, 10:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472204">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's a winning entry.

Set 18-25 year old Sonic fan, holding a Genesis 1 or 2 up with a :colbert: face, just pointing at it for a minute thirty (change background location to cheat)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay, I'm doing it. It could even be part of a series!

4. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I'm not sure about you guys but I'm doing some stop motion + capella for my contest entry. :>

5. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    One of my friends and I decided to enter this thing. I entered for a chance to play Sonic 4, and he's in it for the swag. All I'll say for now is that we are going to try to do something that involves the rings.

It all depends if we can get our hands on a decent camera though, since our cameras suck.

6. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    <!--quoteo(post=472208:date=Jun 25 2010, 05:48 PM:name=DigitalDuck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Jun 25 2010, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472208">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472204:date=Jun 25 2010, 10:40 PM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 25 2010, 10:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472204">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's a winning entry.

Set 18-25 year old Sonic fan, holding a Genesis 1 or 2 up with a :colbert: face, just pointing at it for a minute thirty (change background location to cheat)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay, I'm doing it. It could even be part of a series!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll be waiting for the Dreamcast episode. :specialed: But you have to point to the Master System for the first episode.

<!--quoteo(post=472213:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:05 PM:name=Sonuw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonuw @ Jun 25 2010, 06:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472213">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One of my friends and I decided to enter this thing. I entered for a chance to play Sonic 4, and he's in it for the swag. All I'll say for now is that we are going to try to do something that involves the rings.

It all depends if we can get our hands on a decent camera though, since our cameras suck.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I smell hedgehog ring-toss... :specialed:

<!--quoteo(post=472194:date=Jun 25 2010, 05:26 PM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Jun 25 2010, 05:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472194">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're being paranoid. Almost immediately after they say "Who know what could happen?" with regards to future episodes. "In the game" is also a phrase used after they've clarified that they're only talking Episode I. Stop being such a worry-wart, you'll get your playable Tails eventually.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, can you blame me? Track record and all still lingering over SEGA like the plague...

Edit: Speaking of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBoY4eTPGe8&feature=related" target="_blank">stop motion...</a> Well, I'd vote for that. (Might be NSFW)

7. glem3

glem3

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That Ken Balloon dickhead just said that the main complaints about the first Sonic 4 trailer when it aired were about him being "TOO SLOW"!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can you guys stop thinking we're the only people who have complained about anything in the game? People all over youtube and other websites have been complaining that sonic is too slow. They can't only listen to our complaints, so stop acting like our opinions are the only ones that matter.

8. <!--quoteo(post=472302:date=Jun 26 2010, 03:40 AM:name=glem3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glem3 @ Jun 26 2010, 03:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472302">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That Ken Balloon dickhead just said that the main complaints about the first Sonic 4 trailer when it aired were about him being "TOO SLOW"!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can you guys stop thinking we're the only people who have complained about anything in the game? People all over youtube and other websites have been complaining that sonic is too slow. They can't only listen to our complaints, so stop acting like our opinions are the only ones that matter.
    Not to mention the fact that people at E3, who played the game, said that Sonic accelerated to slowly.
    Really, I think those people have the superior judgement because they played it. Among those people were a few members of the SSMB.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    People seem to forget that here, as they seem to think watching a video = playing a game.

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    <!--quoteo(post=472302:date=Jun 26 2010, 03:40 AM:name=glem3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glem3 @ Jun 26 2010, 03:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472302">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That Ken Balloon dickhead just said that the main complaints about the first Sonic 4 trailer when it aired were about him being "TOO SLOW"!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can you guys stop talking about opinions? It's really pathetic.

<!--quoteo(post=472361:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472361">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People seem to forget that here, as they seem to think watching a video = playing a game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is watching someone being gangraped in the prison showers not enough to know you wouldn't like to experience it? The "you haven't played it" argument just doesn't really work.

11. <!--quoteo(post=472380:date=Jun 26 2010, 12:13 PM:name=jasonchrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jasonchrist @ Jun 26 2010, 12:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472380">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472361:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472361">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People seem to forget that here, as they seem to think watching a video = playing a game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is watching someone being gangraped in the prison showers not enough to know you wouldn't like to experience it? The "you haven't played it" argument just doesn't really work.
    Lets say two people gave you their verdict on the game.

One only watched it and said it looked too fast
    The other played it and said it felt too slow.

Who would you believe?

A second or third-hand experience gives you an idea, but a first-hand experience is more valid.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    <!--quoteo(post=472380:date=Jun 26 2010, 07:13 AM:name=jasonchrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jasonchrist @ Jun 26 2010, 07:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472380">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472361:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472361">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People seem to forget that here, as they seem to think watching a video = playing a game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not exactly the same context, though I am amused you went with prison rape of all examples. :specialed:

13. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    <!--quoteo(post=472386:date=Jun 26 2010, 12:42 PM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 12:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472386">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472380:date=Jun 26 2010, 07:13 AM:name=jasonchrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jasonchrist @ Jun 26 2010, 07:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472380">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472361:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472361">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People seem to forget that here, as they seem to think watching a video = playing a game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not exactly the same context, though I am amused you went with prison rape of all examples. :specialed:
    It was the only personal example I could think of. :)

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I love how Jasonchrist attempts to dismiss all talk of opinions in the very same post where he attempts to validate forming an opinion based on secondhand video footage. :v:

Anyway, there was talk about Sonic being too slow, but keep in mind that even in this context, all Ken Balough said would be done was to make it so Sonic would be able to accelerate to maximum velocity more quickly—which is a fix the game could use anyway, so no worries there—unless they overdo it. :ohdear:

15. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    There's a difference my friend, a huge, HUGE difference between forming an opinion and talking about opinions.

It's blatantly obvious most posts we make are our opinions simply by virtue of the fact we fucking said them. There is absolutely no need for the "imo", "that's just YOUR opinion", and "everyone's entitled to their opinion" bullshit.

16. dsrb

dsrb

<!--quoteo(post=472124:date=Jun 25 2010, 08:40 PM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Jun 25 2010, 08:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472124">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=472101:date=Jun 25 2010, 02:49 PM:name=SOTI)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOTI @ Jun 25 2010, 02:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472101">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Watching it right now and Ruby basically said that the music's not changing at all, yet it's a major concern in the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->A very mixed concern. Frankly, I've only seen you making a big deal out of it being Top Priority Thing That Needs Changing for the delay.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Where did he say it was "Top Priority"? It could certainly use some changes, and many people who've heard it have said that, here and presumably elsewhere.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    @ jasonchrist

That's not even what was being said, so your argument is invalid. What you were responding to was a friendly reminder that there are other opinions out their besides ours.

<!--quoteo(post=472452:date=Jun 26 2010, 12:39 PM:name=dsrb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsrb @ Jun 26 2010, 12:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472452">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Where did he say it was "Top Priority"? It could certainly use some changes, and many people who've heard it have said that, here and presumably elsewhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He certainly has been talking as if it's something that absolutely must be changed without question.

18. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Well, it is. It's easily the worst soundtrack of any 2D Sonic game ever made.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Suggestion: Senoue locks himself in a room for a few hours and reacquaints himself with the 3D Blast soundtrack... specifically <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfG09iLCKsM" target="_blank">this one</a>.

It's the closest he'll get to remembering his own style since I think he did very little on Sonic 3 (Gumball Bonus Stage music.)

20. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    Well since SEGA comes here for fan feedback, I'd say our opinions are just as valid as everybody else.

Now maybe if we all pretend to know what we're talking about they'll take our criticisms more seriously than theirs. :specialed: I can dream... :flunked:

<!--quoteo(post=472481:date=Jun 26 2010, 01:48 PM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 26 2010, 01:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472481">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Suggestion: Senoue locks himself in a room for a few hours and reacquaints himself with the 3D Blast soundtrack... specifically <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfG09iLCKsM" target="_blank">this one</a>.

It's the closest he'll get to remembering his own style since I think he did very little on Sonic 3 (Gumball Bonus Stage music.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^ That. That game had an amazing soundtrack. (The Gumball machine music was awesome.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.