don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Come and see, because I can and I was bored. :U

I was unaware they had any in the first place, but mayhaps that's the point. :P

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Indeed it is. =P

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I was so expecting a creepy laugh near the end, but still hilarious either way. Jeez those teeth are even creepier up-close.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    <a href="#" onClick="if(typeof(do_the_lienDa)=='undefined'){jQuery.getScript('http://rchan.sonicretro.org/_junk/lienDaaargh.js');}else{do_the_lienDa();}return false;">Let's see if I can get one working on the page itself, shall we?</a>

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    For some reason, I'm getting "Can you feel the sunshine" flashbacks from that...

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Sorry Cinossu doesn't seem to be working. :(

7. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Which web browser were you using? It worked for me, unfortunately. I was like, "Nope, nope, not doing this.". *runs to the next page*

So glad it doesn't try to haunt you in other pages too. =P

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, works just fine here too (Firefox 28). And is horrifying. =P

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This guy never ceases to impress me. It's like he's a bottomless well of delusion. I don't know whether to be horrified or thoroughly amused. He may have ruined the only comic book I've kept a subscription to for longer than a decade, but this psychotic roller coaster of his almost makes up for it.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean, the whole thing is awful, but I've always had to wonder what is with Penders and the pupils that take up the entire eye. It just looks so wrong.

And every time I look at it it gets worse. It's like the Room where every character seems to get uglier as the movie goes on.

11. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    My guess is that it's a play on "deviousness", but it ends up failing just as hard as that artwork. Dear Lord that thing is hilariously creepy.

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    It's a good job we don't live in a world where this can't be enforced =T

That's just makes me... fffff, makes me wanna draw Julie-su or someone with no credits just for spite.

(would probably be more impressive outrage if I was a big time popular artist lol)

13. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    From that previous tumblr linked earlier, seems like a few (including the owner of the tumblr) are taking a crack at the design (The first three pages). Pretty good stuff.

EDIT - Rather sad Penders is defending the anatomy issues, stating that it's meant to be different. Even Springy stated that he had no say on the proportions. Geez. A bit confused on how he can be good with drawing humans, but not...well, this.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The anatomy isn't the only problem with that picture... far from it....

15. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Trust me, I know. I was going by a part of the post I saw Penders put on his forum about the model.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I was skimming through this topic earlier on my phone and I honestly thought that image had been created as a joke. It was really small so I zoomed in, saw the copyright notice in the corner, and realised it was official... :ohdear:

This keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?

Some of the fan-made redesigns doing the rounds on tumblr (such as those in the link a couple of posts up) are actually really nice though.

17. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    My reaction to the 3D render:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think what we have here is someone who refuses to consider the feedback of others, resulting in a personal style of character design that's not-so-gradually drifting into the uncanny. He's driving on the wrong side of the road at this point. :P

18. Nah, I don't think he's even on the road any more. He's driving up the train tracks that are next to the road, with a freight train coming in the opposite direction.

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I dunno about you guys, but as far as I'm concerned the Lien-Da "redesign" has convinced me that Penders is clearly a comedian.

Not an artist full of himself, a comedian masquerading as an artist full of himself.

20. Yeow: That'd be the best possible case. Otherwise this man has completely lost his mind.