don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    He must be in his mid-life crisis stage or something.

I mean that thing looks like horrible 90s GC made in China.

2. Falk

Falk

I've convinced myself of the 'so bad it must be intentional trolling' angle with regards to no less than four different people in my lifetime and each time something else comes and simply obliterates my expectations and prior belief with the epiphany that 'yes, there really are people out there who are just that awful at stuff'.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I actually feel kinda bad for jumping all over this Knowles guy's art. Judging by his Twitter, he was legitimately excited to get a chance to work with Penders, was probably really inspired by him as a kid. I can kinda relate with that, the Archie comics were a big part of my childhood.

It angers me that Penders would do this to him. He has to know this guy's stuff isn't up to the level it needs to be, but he basically painted a target on his back. I'm sure he'll realize soon enough the mess he's gotten involved with and pull out of it, but still. Wonder if he even got paid for all the hate that's gonna be aimed his way.

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Y'know, he's probably doing all this as genuine advertisement to his comic. "No such thing as bad publicity", after all, and you do realise he's gotten an entire topic dedicated toward his stuff here through it?

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Sure, that's all well and good for Penders. Meanwhile Kevin Knowles gets his completely mowed over because Penders decided the "bad publicity" would help him advertise. He didn't deserve it.

I'm all for bashing Penders and his work. At this point he has it coming. But when he gets his legitimate fans involved and essentially throws them under the bus for publicity, that's a new low.

Can't pretend I know what the situation actually was, but at this point I can only imagine this was Penders' intent.

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Oh, no, that wasn't in relation to your post, but I agree with you on not getting his fans dragged into his mess.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Ah, sorry about that :)

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    It's no problem, I was distracted for bit and left posing for a few minutes, so it's my bad, sorry. ^^

9. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Came to this topic at 5 in the morning to see what the fuss was about and went back like 2 pages... My body was not ready for what I saw and I almost had a heart attack.

I believe this image is still appropriate:
    [​IMG]

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    Is your body ready for this?

Also, quoting spingythesnake on DArt
    So yeah, this is what she's going to look like in the Pen-derp comics in general.

11. Retroman

Retroman

[​IMG]
    "Prepare thy anus" Lienderp
    [​IMG]
    "Hi, I'm Knuckles the Fist!"
    [​IMG]
    "People said I couldn't lift. I proved them wrong!"

12. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    [​IMG]
    Smile for the camera.

13. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
  14. Retroman

Retroman

Thanks for giving me nightmares :)

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Makes me think of that one boss from Kirby Superstar.

16. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    And now here I am, yet again, trying not to laugh so hard under my breath for fifteen minutes straight that my cousin thinks a bird is cackling out in the yard. (He really did think that the first time!)

I was not ready to see a close up of that model. I agree with Yeow, he has to be taking the piss out of Archie or somebody with these monstrously bad models and artworks.

17. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Jesus Christ. Emoticon when? :ruby:

It's funny has he's brushing off all criticism of the model because he says it fits Lien-da's ugly and evil personality. I cannot believe this isn't just some elaborate troll, but he's gone so far with this it couldn't possibly be the reason.

18. Retroman

Retroman

Don't do drugs kids, otherwise you'll look like a techno-obsessed insane leather fetish loving female anthro echidna? (enchilada) loosing hair whos a kinky cranky crack addict that lacks common sense who gets high and stare into your soul while showing her trollface.

19. Falk

Falk

ok

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I finally realized what this render reminds me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0