don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Lambda

Lambda

Wow. If there really are only a few fans, I have no idea how he plans to make a living off of this... thing...

You make a good point, I was planning on saying something about his fans being as insane as he is... I guess that's not TOO bad.

Honestly, I'd never stoop to the level of serious name-calling or whatever. I've got much better things to get angry about, and what people are into is their own dang business, but at the same time... seriously... why would anyone want ...THIS? :psyduck:/>

2. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    I'm excited, but not because I believe this will be good in any sense of the word, but because I simply cant wait to see the train wreck in all it's unholy glory.
    The leading up to it, IE, all of this, is fantastic as is, but the final product will surely blow all this away and create an internet punchline revolution :specialed:

3. Lambda

Lambda

...You're right. That's going to be amazing. Consider me hype.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    So umm, he's getting people to make these promotional pictures for him right?

He surely must be well into working on the comic by now, productively and constructively speaking he should have it all sketched/roughed the whole thing, Assuming it's like a 200+ page graphic novel type thing. if I was him (I'm not YAY!), I'd drum up enthusiasm with one or two page previews, you know, nothing with speech bubbles or meaty bits of plot. (yeah I said that, but you never know lol) But so far all he has shown is a couple of solo stills.

Kinda makes me think he hasn't actually started yet =P

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He's probably waiting a little longer until he can pull a "fuck you it's cancelled".

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Do you know what's funny? After all of this, the years of following the legal battle, the original sketches, his refusal to accept reality, these renders, everything... I would actually be weirdly disappointed if he were to cancel now. I've become invested in this magnificent train-wreck of a project :P

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

[​IMG]

Spectre redesign, complete with utterly ridiculous shoulder pads and... a metal cigar?

EDIT: He will be selling prints of this at FL Super-Con for $20. Yes, really.

8. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    It looks more like a rather bulky mic to me. This new drawing certainly isn't as uncanny valley inducing as the last 3D render, but the whole dodge/burn thing is pretty obvious in the cloak. I still suck at shading cloth myself, but I make gradients with the eye dropper; I have more control over the lighting that way.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm looking at this on mobile, and thought it didn't look too bad. Then I actually zoomed in and looked at it. Gross. Par for the Penders course, I guess.

I think all of my issues on this one is due to the jowels. And the chin.

10. Tylinos

Tylinos

My main problem with it isn't even the usual Penders dodge/burn. It's that it's basically the old Spectre design, but with the most stupidly 90s shoulder pads imaginable added to it for no reason. Does Ken realize that 1994 was 20 years ago, and massive shoulder pads aren't cool anymore?

11. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    So, interestingly enough, Ken Penders has a booth directly across from ours at Florida Supercon tomorrow. Does anyone have any neutrally-phrased questions they want me to ask him?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xw4iGCncM

Go to 20 seconds in this video.

13. trakker

trakker

How far has he actually gotten actually physically drawing the actual comic? (Lara-su Chronicles) and does he have a planned self imposed deadline for completion?

14. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Maybe a neutral question of how he draws his stuff in the digital space? I'm curious if it's actual dodge/burn, or plain black/white painted gradients. (Both of which are heavily discouraged techniques.)

Also curious if he has an art tablet.

OH U :specialed:

15. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    You can't ask a man what his secret to success is! You may use that to make something better!

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
  17. trakker

trakker

Yep
    [​IMG]
    Totally not Knuckles

Sometimes his "original" OC's are just the laziest kind of fan characters

*Take Sonic character, add metal bits, BOOM! original OC

18. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    This picture should be the only proof of evidence Sega and Archie's lawyers need to prove Ken's practically plagiarizing their characters by this point. You can't go any lower than what is essentially Knuckles from either Archie's Mobius: 25 Years Later or Sega's Sonic OVA, beaten with Ken's trademark ugly stick.

19. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I having been just watching the forums without posting anything because lack of time, but this one I can't keep silent.

Can't stop laughing on those designs of Penders, they're totally unispired. But I say to be sad on how mediocre he turned out. Never was a fan of his Sonic stories, just got into the comics after the actual team get the place and make a clean-up in the comics and developed a lot better the characters.

It's horrible to see how down he got.

20. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    What utter shit.