don't click here

Sonic The Hedghog Xbox 360 Playable DEMO!!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by fuzzbuzz, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There was no video posted.

2. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
  3. Shade

Shade

Oh I'm pretty sure there was a video posted.

4. Zeck

Zeck

Like I said on CulT Forums, I could rip the demo from my 360 hdd but it would require me to get a 360hdd adapter for my PC as well as having to *re-open* my case.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    ...that slowdown is unbearable.

Sickening.

6. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    ...the slowdown was not THAT BAD. And the level complete theme is a remix of the S3&K theme, I actually like it, wtf guys.

7. Robjoe

Robjoe

Meh. I don't see what the hype is. That video wasn't very enticing, didn't look very intersting. And if the controls are as slippery as Heroes, or worse yet, Shadow, then I seriously want to stay away from it. I might be playing this demo on Super's Xbox 360 though, so I'll hold judgement until then.

8. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

That's actually the music I was talking about. The title screen sounded alright for its 3 seconds as well...

9. Shade

Shade

That is byfar the most blasphemous remix ever made, in my opinion.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Not our fault you don't appreciate orchestra. D:

11. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    ...the fuck are you smoking, dude.

EDIT: aimed at Shade

12. Shade

Shade

Dude. This style of music doesn't fit the feel of the Sonic series in the least, no matter what the storyline is. it's rediculous.

13. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    For fuck's sake, enough with the "FEEL OF THE SONIC SERIES WAAAAA" crap. Can you people not take it at the value of a single game, or does it have to always live up to OMG EXPECTATIONS OF THE SERIES and all that shit? Christ.

14. Shade

Shade

Yes, it does have to "live up to the expectations of the series". It's like the Batman movies. The first two were awesome, then they lost the feel of them with the third and fourth and everyone was like "what is this crap".

When a series establishes itself with a particular feel to it, you tend to come to love and expect it from each game. You can't just go "Oh well, I'll look at it as a standalone game". No. Its from a long established series that has certain expectations attatched to for a lot of people.

15. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    Dude, I've never watched a Batman movie and gone "Boy I sure hope this is as good as the last seven movies". I go "Boy I sure hope this is a good movie".

In the same light, I never play a Sonic game and go "Boy I sure hope this is as good as the last twenty games". I go "Boy I sure hope this is a good game".

16. Shade

Shade

Then we agree to disagree.

17. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    I agree that you (and a whole lot of other people) put way too many expectations down for every game that comes out.

If you expect that every game is going to be (or should be) as good as, if not better than, every game before it, you're bound to be sorely disappointed in the long run. It just doesn't WORK like that.

18. Shade

Shade

You misunderstand. I expect the game itself to be completely awesome based off what I have seen. The music, however, just does not match what I believe to be "that Sonic feel".

19. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Actually, that music feels like it belongs. I mean, really feels like it belongs. It reminds me of an underwater level.

And in terms of everything else... the gameplay reminds me of SA2, which isn't exactly a bad thing...

Looking forward to putting my paws on a final version.

20. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Music doesn't have to keep to the original Sonic style at all to sound good. All music is designed to do it capture the feel of the environment, and I think the music I've heard so far does a pretty good job of it. You have to move with the times. The game is supposed to have a dark theme to it, so playing music like the old games just won't work. All of the older games had a lighter theme, all the way up until Shadow. Now they're taking it in a new direction, they can't exactly have you playing a darker style of zone and throw something like the Carnival Night Zone music into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.